Newcastle Trams

Iain

Is there a standard reference work on the steam and electric tramways of
Newcastle and suburbs?

I tried a search on Libraries Australia without any result.

I would be grateful if anyone can point me in the right direction especially
to sources of plans of tramway infrastructure.

yours

Dr Iain Stuart

JCIS Consultants

P.O. Box 2397

Burwood North

ph/fx (02) 97010191

HYPERLINK "mailto:iain@jcis.net.au"iain@jcis.net.au

HYPERLINK "mailto:iain_stuart@optusnet.com.au"iain_stuart@optusnet.com.au

Check out the website at HYPERLINK "http://www.jcis.net.au"www.jcis.net.au

Eddie Oliver <eoliver@...>

Iain Stuart wrote:
Is there a standard reference work on the steam and electric tramways of
Newcastle and suburbs?
Tramways of Newcastle by Keenan/McCarthy/Wilson, Transit Press 1999.

Jeff Mullier

Iain,

I know of two books that cover the tram system of Newcastle etc.

"Tramways of Newcastle", by David Keenan, Ken McCarthy & Ross Willson, 138p, hardcover, published 1999 Transit Press, ISBN 0909338 1 59

"Maitland Tramway Ventures", By R.Willson & K.McCarthy, 79p, softcover, published 1965 South Pacific Electric Railway Society

Hope this helps

Regards
Jeff Mullier