Topics

New Member Introduction

John Dennis <jdennis@...>

As requested, a brief "bio":

I've been modelling narrow gauge since 1969 or so, and my railway
interests have, over the years, narrowed in focus so they now almost
exclusively fit the "Light Railways" category. This to the extent
that I now drive from Melbourne to Queensland every year or two, and
do not point my camera at a train until the rails are only 2' apart
:-)

I have been researching the Stannary Hills and Irvinebank Tramways for
a couple of years with a view to building an On30 layout, this
research has extended to a trip to the area (a long way from home).
Thus far I've built just a couple of wagons, so a long way to go.
Always happy to engage people in discussions about these tramways.

I have also begun writing a column in Narrow Gauge Downunder dealing
with "obscure and little known" tramways. Happy to receive suggestions
for future columns (or comments about previous ones). I'm also
involved in organising next Easter's Narrow Gauge Convention (in
Melbourne) to which you are all, naturally, invited.

Hmm - not so brief...

John Dennis jdennis@...
Melbourne,Australia Home of the HOn30 Dutton Bay Tramway
and the Australian Narrow Gauge Web-Exhibition Gallery
Dutton Bay URL: http://members.optusnet.com.au/duttonbay
WebX http://members.optusnet.com.au/jdennis/ng_webex.html

The Bickfords <womloc4@...>

Better intro myself too.

Been a member of LRRSA since 1973/74 having been interested in all things 2'0" gauge since early high school days.
Mostly the interest was/is for modelling. Started in HOn2.5 but later moved up to 16mm scale on 32mm track (1:19 scale) in the garden, with live steam.
My current garden line will be 10years old later this year. Edited the club news letter Rails in the Garden for 8 years until the start of 2006

Was Treasurer then Secretary/Treasurer of the NSW Division for quite a few years, stepping down 2-3 years ago.
Particular interests include the Burrinjuck Tramway in NSW plus the Zeehan & NE Dundas Tramway (plus the various other small 2'0" gauge lines in Tassie).
Most recent interest has been in the Stannary Hills and Irvinebank lines in North Queensland. I blame this last interest on John Dennis and his recent research into the lines.

Mike Bickford
Berowra & Nalya Tramway
Sydney, Australia
www.ritginc.org