Malcolm Moore loco

John Peterson

Hello all

I have placed a Malcolm Moore Ad from the 50's in the files. Could the
previous photo be added so it doesn't get lost over time? And any
other additions.

This loco is very sophisticated compared to a TACL. I'm wondering if
it is built under licence from a UK builder. It looks like a Ruston?

Chris Hart has a preserved 2' gauge ex CSR Malcolm Moore which I'm
wondering might be the 2' version of the same type of loco.

John Browning

This loco is very sophisticated compared to a TACL. I'm wondering if
it is built under licence from a UK builder. It looks like a Ruston?
This isn't Ruston technology. Indeed the jackshaft driving onto the centre of
the connecting rod is not a very common feature.

Malcolm Moore bought in "power packs" for the 0-6-0DM mining locos for AI&S
from Drewry in the UK. I take this to mean engine and transmission. Something
similar may have happened with these, but I haven't any evidence. What I do
know is that the necessary components and materials were probably very hard to
obtain in a timely fashion in that time of post-war shortages.

John