Topics

LRRSA Yahoo group

John Browning

Gentlemen

I have done some work to refine Brad's draft for the front page of the group (and I haven't yet read the debate that has already started over the gauge question). We are revisiting an age-old question here and I think we need to emphasise (somehow) that the categories are not exclusive of each other.

Can I suggest the wording that has been posted to the files section on the Group page. (You’ll be notified of this separately and given a link.). I'm happy to explain anything, but have noted carefully the approaches used by a number of other groups of which I am a member in order to make their membership inclusive but not open slather.

I would also like at this stage to volunteer to share with Brad the moderator role as if we have any difficulty with errant members, it is always best to have a “brains trust” to decide what to do. I’d suggest we need a third moderator and would like to suggest Frank if he is available. The duties of the non-owner moderators is likely to be consultative to Brad more than anything else.

I’ll now go and read those contentious offerings that have appeared already.

By the way, I use the “daily digest” option to receive messages.

John

John Browning

Rockhampton

Queensland