Topics

LRRSA Promo Pic, Promo Resources...

techsupport <techsupport@...>

Dear Brad, John G, LRRSA Members, NG Modellers,

I note that John G has posted a pic of part of the LRRSA book stand which
was part of the ILRMS stand at the 2005 Aust NG Convention, in Albury.
(John, how come that pic doesn't show the "Porter Protection Plan"? ;-) ).

Brad, there have been some movements in the ILRMS board of late, which means
that ILRMS does not have a direct link between the NG conventions and the
"Sales Dept" (AFAIK).

As it was this link previously that allowed LRRSA to attend the '03 and '05
conventions, I'd hope that the Victoria LRRSA crew have been in direct
contact with the Aust NG Convention crew, to keep a presence at the 2007
Melbourne Convention.

On a related note, what resources, (A5 fliers, business cards, etc), are
available to modellers/LRRSA members who wish to actively promote the LRRSA
via their layout displays at Model Railway and "All Hobbies" shows?

Happy Modelling,
Aim to Improve,
Professor Klyzlr,

"...Still hauling log with Class B Climax 1375,
Over Longworth's "Pig Sty Pier" bridge,
somewhere deep in the Aussie Bush..."
http://www.forest.nsw.gov.au/publication/historical/4.asp

Frank Stamford

I have delayed responding to your questions in the last paragraph of
your message below as I did not know the answer. However I found out
the answer last Sunday when I was one of the volunteers on the LRRSA
stand at the Croydon Model Railway exhibition.

The answer is we don't have any A5 forms or business cards. We were
giving away (to those who showed some interest) a copy of the
four-page A4 sales leaflet that we send to our members with each issue
of LR, and a copy of the A4 size membership application form which is
on our website.

We are relying increasingly on the website for publicity and gaining
new members.

At the Croydon exhibition we sold almost $1000 worth of books.

--- In LRRSA@..., "techsupport" <techsupport@d...> wrote:

Dear Brad, John G, LRRSA Members, NG Modellers,

I note that John G has posted a pic of part of the LRRSA book stand
which
was part of the ILRMS stand at the 2005 Aust NG Convention, in Albury.
(John, how come that pic doesn't show the "Porter Protection Plan"?
;-) ).