From: LRRSA@groups.io [mailto:LRRSA@groups.io] On Behalf Of John Dennis
Sent: Wednesday, 3 April 2019 9:57 PM
To: LRRSA@groups.io
Subject: [LRRSA] LRRSA online renewals

Folks,

Following the distribution of LR266 early renewals have started coming in. While most online renewals are being processed normally, I am seeing a surprising number which seem to have failed, most likely somewhere between going to SecurePay to enter the card details (or PayPal) and coming back to the lrrsa site to display the Payment Confirmation.

If anybody on the list has suffered from this, can they please let me know the symptoms - where they were in the process and what then happened. I cannot reproduce this at all, and have tried four different browsers, so I don't think it's a browser specific problem.

John Dennis

LRRSA

John Dennis

Peter,

Nobody has paid twice, and I am currently monitoring the renewals so I can jump on anything which looks odd the moment it happens. But it is very annoying, to me, and I can only assume, to those who are trying to renew - which is why I am seeking some help to give me a lead on where to go next.

John

On Wed, 3 Apr 2019 at 22:14, Hunslet <hunslet@...> wrote:

John,

In that case, I’ll pay by the old fashioned way – by cheque!

Cheers,

Peter Neve OAM.

PS:   Issue arrived by post today at Junee.

Following the distribution of LR266 early renewals have started coming in. While most online renewals are being processed normally, I am seeing a surprising number which seem to have failed, most likely somewhere between going to SecurePay to enter the card details (or PayPal) and coming back to the lrrsa site to display the Payment Confirmation.

If anybody on the list has suffered from this, can they please let me know the symptoms - where they were in the process and what then happened. I cannot reproduce this at all, and have tried four different browsers, so I don't think it's a browser specific problem.

John Dennis

LRRSA

Graeme Inglis

John,

            Just tried to renew online at the LRRSA site and everything worked fine until clicking on the 'button' to go to the Secure Payment area. I immediately received an error message and could not proceed any further at all - either Credit card OR PayPal options. Obviously a serious 'glitch' somewhere which I hope can be sorted soon as because the option of renewing this way is terrific!

Graeme

On 3/04/2019 9:56 pm, John Dennis wrote:
Folks,

Following the distribution of LR266 early renewals have started coming in. While most online renewals are being processed normally, I am seeing a surprising number which seem to have failed, most likely somewhere between going to SecurePay to enter the card details (or PayPal) and coming back to the lrrsa site to display the Payment Confirmation.

If anybody on the list has suffered from this, can they please let me know the symptoms - where they were in the process and what then happened. I cannot reproduce this at all, and have tried four different browsers, so I don't think it's a browser specific problem.

John Dennis
LRRSA

John Dennis

What was the error message Graeme?

John

On Wed, 3 Apr 2019 at 22:22, Graeme Inglis <gin78205@...> wrote:

[...]

Sorry, should have said! 'Secure Connection Failed' is the error message which appeared immediately.

Graeme

On 3/04/2019 10:24 pm, John Dennis wrote:
[...]

Thanks Graeme. That's pretty unusual I would have thought, because at that time you are trying to connect to SecurePay rather than an lrrsa.org.au page. Unfortunately that is something outside of my control. Just out of interest, what browser are you using?

On Wed, 3 Apr 2019 at 22:27, Graeme Inglis <gin78205@...> wrote:

[...]

    I use Firefox normally, but also tried again with Google Chrome - same result. As you say, the error message seems to be at the SecurePay end rather than LRRSA.org.

Graeme

On 3/04/2019 10:32 pm, John Dennis wrote:
[...]

AASewell@...

Hi John

I just tried to renew mt overseas subscription and all went well until I had to return to the merchant. I got a message  this was not a  secure site ( I assume that means "SecurePay"!!!)

I paid by Paypal and they say the transaction has been processed- very strange. What has happened

Best wishes

Alan Sewell
Hertford SG14 3DR, UK

Following the distribution of LR266 early renewals have started coming in. While most online renewals are being processed normally, I am seeing a surprising number which seem to have failed, most likely somewhere between going to SecurePay to enter the card details (or PayPal) and coming back to the lrrsa site to display the Payment Confirmation.

If anybody on the list has suffered from this, can they please let me know the symptoms - where they were in the process and what then happened. I cannot reproduce this at all, and have tried four different browsers, so I don't think it's a browser specific problem.

John Dennis
LRRSA

John Dennis

Folks,

The problem with online renewals has been solved.Our internet host was using a security certificate supplied by a company which both Google and Firefox deemed to be untrustworthy. The certificate has been replaced, and now the online renewals should be processing correctly.

John Dennis
LRRSA

On Wed, 3 Apr 2019 at 21:56, John Dennis <jdennis412@...> wrote:
Folks,

Following the distribution of LR266 early renewals have started coming in. While most online renewals are being processed normally, I am seeing a surprising number which seem to have failed, most likely somewhere between going to SecurePay to enter the card details (or PayPal) and coming back to the lrrsa site to display the Payment Confirmation.

If anybody on the list has suffered from this, can they please let me know the symptoms - where they were in the process and what then happened. I cannot reproduce this at all, and have tried four different browsers, so I don't think it's a browser specific problem.

John Dennis
LRRSA

AASewell@...

Hi John

Does that mean renewals such as mine have now been processed OK. I have not yet had a confirmaion from LRRSA although as  said Paypal have processed this

Regards

Alan Sewell
Hertford UK

[...]

Hello Alan,

The problem has been resolved. I have finalized your transaction and your payment confirmation has been emailed. The problem was with our internet host, and the "not a secure site" was referring to ours. Your transaction with SecurePay had already been completed.

Thanks for renewing. Sorry for the problems.

John

On Thu, 4 Apr 2019 at 08:50, AASewell via Groups.Io <AASewell=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Hi Alan,

Your payment confirmation from the LRRSA was sent to you aol email account maybe 15 minutes ago. It should have arrived by now. Let me know if you want me to resend it.

John

On Thu, 4 Apr 2019 at 10:38, AASewell via Groups.Io <AASewell=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Went to bed before the confirmation came through . In my inbox 7.30AM UK time

Thanks for the help