Topics

LRRSA on groups.io

Frank Stamford

Hello all,

This message is from LRRSA@groups.io the group which was set up about 18 months ago to replace LRRSA@...

Some members of the old yahoogroup are claiming this group does not exist!

Well it does, and the old yahoogroup is dead as far as the LRRSA is concerned.

Roderick Smith

Aha,
I am a member and got the message.
Yahoo is self destructing: no new content from 28.10, and no archiving of old content from December.
Hence, the switch to io is vital to preserve accumulated knowledge.

io makes transition seamless, but at a price: AUD220 for a premium account (10 GB) for one year, then the possibility of dropping to free (1 GB).

I am having to bite the bullet with my pub group.

Google is not matching io: it has no transfer offer (free or paid).  Or at least, I can't find any information on such an offer within the google website.  It is just as arrogant as farcebook and yahell anyhow.
The one yahell group which went to google runs a private archive anyhow.

I still can't judge which is better for users.

Roderick

David Halfpenny

Frank,

Maybe it’s time change the Home Page and Posting Status of the old Yahoo Group?

At the moment all 9 800 messages are still visible, but by mid-December they’ll be gone.

David 1/2d

On 24 Oct 2019, at 23:18, Frank Stamford <frank.stamford@...> wrote:

Hello all,

This message is from LRRSA@groups.io the group which was set up about 18 months ago to replace LRRSA@...

Some members of the old yahoogroup are claiming this group does not exist!

Well it does, and the old yahoogroup is dead as far as the LRRSA is concerned.

David,

I cannot. Yahoo will not let me log in!

They want me to verify my mobile phone number. They send me a verification code to my mobile phone, but when I try to log in with it they say it is invalid.

They are crazy.

On 24 Oct 2019, at 23:49, Roderick Smith via Groups.Io <rnveditor@...> wrote:

Aha,
I am a member and got the message.
Yahoo is self destructing: no new content from 28.10, and no archiving of old content from December.
Hence, the switch to io is vital to preserve accumulated knowledge.

io makes transition seamless, but at a price: AUD220 for a premium account (10 GB) for one year, then the possibility of dropping to free (1 GB).

I am having to bite the bullet with my pub group.

Roderick, you can evade the transfer price by creating a free Basic group and doing the work yourself.

Personal Groupware Offline by Wilson Logan will archive your pub group (as best it can with Yahoo outages) to buy you time.
A Free Trial is enough to grab the messages photos and files.

David 1/2d