Topics

Light Railways 269

John Dennis

The mailout team did their usual sterling job on Thursday, but the public holiday on Friday meant the magazine couldn't be posted. It was handed over to Australia Post today, and should be hitting your letter boxes sometime this week. Light Railways 269 - October 2019 - is a 48 page bumper issue, and looks like another cracker!
The main article features Wyett's Tramway at Beaconsfield, in Tasmania, and Jim Longworth has done a great job of expanding our knowledge of this interesting system.
Contents:
Revisiting Wyett’s Tramway, Beaconsfield (Tas)
From Tram to Rail – the Warrnambool Pier Line (Vic)
Ring River bridge disaster (Tas)
Looking back: End of the Line – Bunnings Mill, Manjimup 1966 (WA)
plus the usual Industrial Railway News, Letters, Field Reports, Heritage and Tourist news - and the announcement of the winner of the 2018 JLN Southern Award.
If you're not a member, your local newsagents should have stock, or you can buy the magazine from the online shop: https://shop.lrrsa.org.au/Light-Railways-No269-October-2019 or as a PDF: https://shop.lrrsa.org.au/Light-Railways-No269-October2019-PDF-Download

David Halfpenny

John, is there a link if we are members, please?

David

On 30 Sep 2019, at 11:15, John Dennis <jdennis412@...> wrote:

The mailout team did their usual sterling job on Thursday, but the public holiday on Friday meant the magazine couldn't be posted. It was handed over to Australia Post today, and should be hitting your letter boxes sometime this week. Light Railways 269 - October 2019 - is a 48 page bumper issue, and looks like another cracker!
The main article features Wyett's Tramway at Beaconsfield, in Tasmania, and Jim Longworth has done a great job of expanding our knowledge of this interesting system.
Contents:
Revisiting Wyett’s Tramway, Beaconsfield (Tas)
From Tram to Rail – the Warrnambool Pier Line (Vic)
Ring River bridge disaster (Tas)
Looking back: End of the Line – Bunnings Mill, Manjimup 1966 (WA)
plus the usual Industrial Railway News, Letters, Field Reports, Heritage and Tourist news - and the announcement of the winner of the 2018 JLN Southern Award.
If you're not a member, your local newsagents should have stock, or you can buy the magazine from the online shop: https://shop.lrrsa.org.au/Light-Railways-No269-October-2019 or as a PDF: https://shop.lrrsa.org.au/Light-Railways-No269-October2019-PDF-Download
<lr269.jpg>

John Dennis

It's coming David. I try and time the PDF release to when the magazines would be arriving, which is likely to be tomorrow for members living in Melbourne. I will most likely send it out later tonight (my time).

John

On Tue, 1 Oct 2019 at 18:44, David Halfpenny via Groups.Io <david.halfpenny=yahoo.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:
John, is there a link if we are members, please?

David

On 30 Sep 2019, at 11:15, John Dennis <jdennis412@...> wrote:

The mailout team did their usual sterling job on Thursday, but the public holiday on Friday meant the magazine couldn't be posted. It was handed over to Australia Post today, and should be hitting your letter boxes sometime this week. Light Railways 269 - October 2019 - is a 48 page bumper issue, and looks like another cracker!
The main article features Wyett's Tramway at Beaconsfield, in Tasmania, and Jim Longworth has done a great job of expanding our knowledge of this interesting system.
Contents:
Revisiting Wyett’s Tramway, Beaconsfield (Tas)
From Tram to Rail – the Warrnambool Pier Line (Vic)
Ring River bridge disaster (Tas)
Looking back: End of the Line – Bunnings Mill, Manjimup 1966 (WA)
plus the usual Industrial Railway News, Letters, Field Reports, Heritage and Tourist news - and the announcement of the winner of the 2018 JLN Southern Award.
If you're not a member, your local newsagents should have stock, or you can buy the magazine from the online shop: https://shop.lrrsa.org.au/Light-Railways-No269-October-2019 or as a PDF: https://shop.lrrsa.org.au/Light-Railways-No269-October2019-PDF-Download
<lr269.jpg>

David Halfpenny

Thank, John - got it now.

Cracking good read, as ever :-)

David

On 1 Oct 2019, at 09:47, John Dennis <jdennis412@...> wrote:

[...]

From Tram to Rail – the Warrnambool Pier Line (Vic)
Ring River bridge disaster (Tas)
Looking back: End of the Line – Bunnings Mill, Manjimup 1966 (WA)
plus the usual Industrial Railway News, Letters, Field Reports, Heritage and Tourist news - and the announcement of the winner of the 2018 JLN Southern Award.
If you're not a member, your local newsagents should have stock, or you can buy the magazine from the online shop: https://shop.lrrsa.org.au/Light-Railways-No269-October-2019 or as a PDF: https://shop.lrrsa.org.au/Light-Railways-No269-October2019-PDF-Download
<lr269.jpg>

Hunslet

Unless David’s is posted earlier, it is strange how the magazine can reach the UK from Melbourne, yet I am still waiting for it in Junee – slightly closer!

Peter Neve OAM

David gets the PDF version. No delays in the post.

John