Topics

Light Railways 259

John Dennis

We had nine willing volunteers last night, setting a new world record for the number of pullers, plonkers and stuffers available at an LRRSA mailout on a Tuesday night. With so many hands the job was done in double quick time, allowing said volunteers to enjoy a lively conversation over supper. The magazine was handed over to Australia Post today.

The magazine's contents are:

The Coffs Harbour Timber Company Limited, Part 2 (NSW)
Bongaree’s jetties – more from Bribie Island (QLD)
A Warburton timber man (Vic)
The Wombat Creek Tramway, North Warrandyte (Vic)
Industrial Railway News - 17 items from around Australia and Fiji
Letters - EM Baldwin tunnelling locomotives Job Number 5366; LR258 - An important milestone, and a correction; Plateways of Melbourne (LR 258)
Obituary - Michael Clifford Galway Schrader 30.9.1930 – 27.11.2017
Field Reports - Fermoy, Woods Point Central and Vulcan mines, Woods Point (Vic)
Heritage & Tourist News - 6 items from Australia

Society members should be receiving their copies over the next few days (allowing for a public holiday on Friday). I do not know when copies may appear in your local Newsagency, but they are available today in both printed and PDF from from the LRRSA online shop: go to http://lrrsa.org.au and follow the link.

Note that the Adelaide meeting date shown in the magazine. The SA Group will be meeting on Thursday 1 February 2018 at 8:00 pm. Ignore the date in the magazine.

John Dennis
LRRSA Sales

bjr2105

Hi,

Can I ask when the PDF access link will be sent to subscribing members please?

Thanks,

Bruce

[...]

David Halfpenny

Although John wrote:

 they are available today in both printed and PDF from from the LRRSA online shop: go to http://lrrsa..org.au and follow the link.

. . . this time, like Bruce, I’ve not been able to find the link either.

David

[...]

Kevin Sewell

Phew!!! - I looked and couldn't see a link. I assumed my browsing skills were at fault.

On Sun, Jan 28, 2018 at 11:36 AM, 'David Halfpenny (Yahoo 2)' david.halfpenny@... [LRRSA] <LRRSA@...> wrote:

Although John wrote:

[...]

Blowing out someone else's candle does not make your's burn any brighter.

John Dennis

My plans have been to try and get the PDF subscribers' emails sent so that they roughly coincide with delivery of the magazines. LR 259 went to the Post Office on Wednesday, very unlikely for any to be delivered on Thursday, and with Friday a public holiday I am not expecting any deliveries until Monday. However I can see that particularly overseas subscribers might get a bit concerned at not receiving the download invitation. I shall get that done within an hour.

The link I mentioned in my announcement was meant for non-members, to buy a copy from the online shop. Things have been a bit hectic in the Dennis household over the last week or two, and I rushed things a bit.

Apologies for the confusion - I shall try and do better next time. PDF subscribers: stand by for your magazines...

John Dennis