Len A. Clark photos
I happened across this collection in the SLNSW catalogue and thought it might be of interest.
They are listed as a collection of negatives and up to number 873 are all out of copyright.
I would imagine that you could photograph them using the light box and then convert them into positives on your computer.
Does anyone know if these photos are well known?
There are many photos of government railways and trams in different states.
Series 03: Negatives of trams, trains, railways and model railways in N.S.W. and Australia, ca. 1920-1970 / chiefly photographed by Len A. Clark
355. BHP loco No. 23, [August 1935]
372. SMR loco 23, East Greta, 29 August 1936
636. Gembrook narrow gauge. Mixed at Gembrook, September 1938
640. Gembrook Line No. 3A at Gembrook, September 1938
757. Condong sugar mill 2' gauge diesel, 10 October 1947
789. Broken Hill S.T.C. No. 12, 22 November 1949
792. Silverton Tramway "A" class No. 20, 23 November 1949
848. Prospect Gravel Co. loco No. 5, June 1950
873. Corrimal Coke Co. 2'6" gauge loco, 6 August 1951
1140. E.R.S Electric Loco at Port Kembla, 30 March 1957
1370. The Spit Bridge, 3 September 1955
1711. S.M.R. loco, 26 September 1958
The Corrimal narrow gauge was 2ft and I have included The Spit bridge construction because a narrow gauge railway was used there.
Graeme Prideaux <graeme.prideaux@...>
Len was a transport enthusiast from way, way back in the time almost beyond recall. Some of his specialties were the tramway and ferry systems on the north shore of Port Jackson. He was the author of the classic "North of the Harbour".
The images both in and out of copyright should be investigated as there are likely gems to be found.