Topics

Hunslet No.1239 4-6-0T locomotive - North Eton Mill No.4 [1 Attachment]

A C Lynn Zelmer

The CaneSIG image collection may have what you are looking for Frank:
Image link: North Eton Sugar Mill, Mackay Q 4 Hunslet 4-6-0T Canefield to mill -- 20.9.63 (Built by Hunslet Engine Co. for British War Dept; saw service in France in First World War.), John Browning Collection [Qsugar]
     [http://www.zelmeroz.com/album_rail/qld/jbc/3040A.jpg]

I can provide a publishable (higher resolution and cleaned up a bit) version of the image if John Browning is agreeable.

Best wishes, Lynn

On 14/04/2018 10:19 AM, frank.stamford@... [LRRSA] wrote:

Good morning all,

The next issue of Light Railways will include an article about Hunslet 4-6-0T locomotive, Buuilder's No.1239, which is now restored in the Workshops Railway, Museum, Ipswich.

This locomotive was formerly No.4 of North Eton sugar mill, Queensland.

Whilst we have a number of illustrations for the article, we are looking for:

(1)  a photograph of it is service at North Eton (which would be before 1965); and

(2) a photograph of it in its fully restored condition at the Museum.

Would any member of this Group be able to provide one or both of these please?

The attached picture is one I took in 1964 of the loco in a park.

(wearing LR Associate Editor hat!)

--
Lynn Zelmer
Box 1414 Main Post Office