Douglas - Kerrisdale Mountain Railway

David in Avenel

Was visiting Andrew and Jennifer last week and here are two shots of Douglas taken that day.  Needless to say Andrew had a grin from ear to ear, it is looking quite magnificent.

--

cheers and best wishes,
David in Avenel.au,

John Dennis

That looks splendid indeed. An excellent job. It's been too long since I last visited - I do plan to return one day...

On Sun, 4 Apr 2021 at 12:17, David in Avenel <espee8800@...> wrote:
Was visiting Andrew and Jennifer last week and here are two shots of Douglas taken that day.  Needless to say Andrew had a grin from ear to ear, it is looking quite magnificent.

--

cheers and best wishes,
David in Avenel.au,
[Before you change anything, learn why it is the way it is.]

Tony Coen

Brilliant. I too will have to make a visit.

Tony Coen.

Sent: Sunday, April 04, 2021 12:20 PM
Subject: Re: [LRRSA] Douglas - Kerrisdale Mountain Railway

That looks splendid indeed. An excellent job. It's been too long since I last visited - I do plan to return one day...

On Sun, 4 Apr 2021 at 12:17, David in Avenel <espee8800@...> wrote:
Was visiting Andrew and Jennifer last week and here are two shots of Douglas taken that day.  Needless to say Andrew had a grin from ear to ear, it is looking quite magnificent.

--

cheers and best wishes,
David in Avenel.au,
[Before you change anything, learn why it is the way it is.]

Michael C.

G'day from the Formerly United Kingdom.

Photos from my first trip to Kerrisdale can be seen here.

It's a brilliant set-up and the views from the top are amazing.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/55958391@N07/BK41JL

Photos from my second trip to Kerrisdale are here.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/55958391@N07/9kQ3Zn

It's great to see the progress with the steam locomotive!

Michael Chapman

On Sunday, 4 April 2021 John Dennis <LRRSA@groups.io> wrote:

That looks splendid indeed. An excellent job. It's been too long since I last visited - I do plan to return one day...

On Sun, 4 Apr 2021 at 12:17, David in Avenel <espee8800@...> wrote:
Was visiting Andrew and Jennifer last week and here are two shots of Douglas taken that day.  Needless to say Andrew had a grin from ear to ear, it is looking quite magnificent.

--

cheers and best wishes,
David in Avenel.au,
[Before you change anything, learn why it is the way it is.]

David in Avenel

Andrew and Jennifer certainly have a splendid location and as you say the views are stunning on a sunny day.  A ride behind Douglas (or is that in front of Douglas) is getting closure by the day.

--

cheers and best wishes,
David in Avenel.au,
[Before you change anything, learn why it is the way it is.]

Michael C.

Closer not closure I trust!

Michael Chapman

On Monday, 5 April 2021 David in Avenel <LRRSA@groups.io> wrote:

Andrew and Jennifer certainly have a splendid location and as you say the views are stunning on a sunny day.  A ride behind Douglas (or is that in front of Douglas) is getting closure by the day.

--

cheers and best wishes,
David in Avenel.au,
[Before you change anything, learn why it is the way it is.]

David in Avenel

Well that's what happens when a post is not read a 4th or 5th time for spell checker corrections.  Closer is absolutely what is meant, Andrew has put too much effort into it so far for closure to be on the horizon.