Topics

Databases

BM

Brad, your database proposal sounds a good idea. Starting them in the group
would provide the opportunity for members to make contributions and when a
specific database looks to be in good shape, then perhaps we could look at
transferring it to the LRRSA website.

Private owner non-air hopper wagons still in existence sounds like a good
place to start. David Sheedy, a key player in the proposed SMR museum at
East Greta Junction, rang me yesterday and our conversation covered the
non-air hoppers owned by the HVTC, including the one that went to Sandgate
Cemetery and has since been moved. You will also recall the photo panel we
ran in LR 172. Perhaps this might lead to something similar on non-air
hopper wagons on static display.
Bob McKillop

BLI BLI <alcogoodwin@...>

Hi Bob/everyone,

Brad, your database proposal sounds a good idea.
Starting them in the group
would provide the opportunity for members to make
contributions and when a
specific database looks to be in good shape, then
perhaps we could look at
transferring it to the LRRSA website.>>>>
I shall get started on setting some up. I will be
including a date column for the latest report so older
ones (of the same wagon) can be deleted from time to
time and thus leave us with a constantly up to date
listing which cn be used on the website if Frank sees
fit.
I am thinking of databases initially covering:

1) Exisiting non-air coal hoppers. (coding, former
owner, current owner, location, status and date)

2) Preserved industrial locomotives excluding
sugarcane (I already have sugarcane compiled and will
place on the group when updated) with all the same
columns as above along with builders info.

3) Historical locations of interest to the industrial
railway fan.

I would welcome other suggestions regarding topics
we could cover in a database.

Private owner non-air hopper wagons still in
existence sounds like a good place to start. David
Sheedy, a key player in the proposed SMR museum at
East Greta Junction, rang me yesterday and our
conversation covered the non-air hoppers owned by the
HVTC,>>>>>

David Sheedy dosent have an email address does he?

including the one
that went to Sandgate
Cemetery and has since been moved.>>>>
From memory to Pelaw Main behind the platform with
part of Telarah station on top.

You will also recall the photo panel we
ran in LR 172. Perhaps this might lead to something
similar on non-air hopper wagons on static
display.>>>

Certainly. Anything that will benefit the magazine.

Regards
Brad

#### LocoShed Australasia Website ####
http://www.geocities.com/steelhaven_ee/LocoShed.html
** Australian Industrial & Preserved Railways.
** Railways of the Philippines and South East Asia
** LocoShed Express in 'Railway Digest'
** Asst editor: Asia-Rail magazine.

http://mail.yahoo.com