Topics

Database Update

Brad <alcogoodwin@...>

Morning,
Just been working in the database section of the group.

** More non air hoppers added to the listing!

** Database of preserved industrial diesels (excluding sugar industry)

** Database of preserved industrial steam (excluding sugar industry)

** Database of members who would like to contact people with similar
interests.

Once again we ask any members with information to contribute to what
will be a great reference tool for members of the group.

Regards
Brad

Chris Stratton

--- In LRRSA@..., "Brad" <alcogoodwin@y...> wrote:

Morning,
Just been working in the database section of the group.

** More non air hoppers added to the listing!

** Database of preserved industrial diesels (excluding sugar
industry)

** Database of preserved industrial steam (excluding sugar
industry)

** Database of members who would like to contact people with
similar
interests.

Once again we ask any members with information to contribute to
what
will be a great reference tool for members of the group.

Regards
Brad

I've just added a bunch of records to the preserved diesel database,
A couple of suggestions:

I can't edit the records once they are added. I spelt museum wrong
in a couple and I can't change it.
Maybe "Previous Owner" should be "Original Owner" as some locos have
had multiple owners.
Is the "Number/Name" field supposed to be the original number or the
current number in the case of locos that have been renumbered? I
added ER&S No.4 as 4 but it is now numbered 3 at Coal Creek.

Regards,
Chris
ps I suppose I had better introduce myself - Chris Stratton,
Wollongong resident and BlueScope Steel employee, Secretary of the
Illawarra Division of the NSWRTM (member for 27 years), ARHS (NSW)
member for a few years, sometime contributor of Port Kembla info and
pictures to Light Railways magazine although I haven't joined LRRSA
as yet. I am interested in anything on rails, any gauge, steam
diesel or electric.

BLI BLI <alcogoodwin@...>

Hi Chris,
I shall take a look into this. I thought
original posters of information could edit their work.
I may have to change a setting.
I will change to original owner.
Number/name would be that which was it's original.
Any new number/name can be added in the notes section,
an example of this can be seen in the non-air hopper
database.
Thanks for the additions BTW. I need to get up to
Richmond Vale and a few other museums to check out all
their non-air hoppers and the condition report of
each.

Cheers
[...]

#### LocoShed Australasia Website ####
http://www.geocities.com/steelhaven_ee/LocoShed.html
** Light Railway Research Society Yahoogroup. LRRSA@Yahoogroups
** Australian Industrial & Preserved Railways.
** Railways of the Philippines and South East Asia
** Member of the S*M*U*T Railway Modellers Group!

http://mail.yahoo.com

trent_pegler

I'll be adding info on almost every single non-air at Richmond Vale
when I have that info again.
Trent