Topics

Botany and Rockdale Sewer Farm Railway.

BLI BLI <alcogoodwin@...>

Hi all,
John Dennis recently placed this on Railpage
and I thought it may be of interest here.

http://duttonbay.fotopic.net/p33487158.html

It is a map of this former sewer railway, the
embankment of which (next to the pipeline) is still
clearly visible headed away from Marsh Street along
the M5 east.
I am thinking of heading down there for a walk of
this section. I'd imagine that the M5 east
construction will have eliminated all trace of the Eve
Street branch.

Anyway thought this may be of interest. Does anyone
have any information on what was used here?

Thanks to John for his help.

Regards
Brad Peadon

#### LocoShed Australasia Website ####
http://www.geocities.com/steelhaven_ee/LocoShed.html
** Light Railway Research Society Yahoogroup. LRRSA@Yahoogroups
** Australian Industrial & Preserved Railways.
** Railways of the Philippines and South East Asia
** Member of the S*M*U*T (Sydney) Railway Modellers Group!

http://mail.yahoo.com

Bruce & Gaye Belbin <boxcargraphics@...>

Hi Brad,

The map has been lifted from a lengthy article on the subject which appeared
in the ARHS Bulletin 382, August 1969.

For the record, the line had one locomotive - an 0-4-0ST built locally by
Mort's Dock.

Some updated (from the ARHS article) information plus two photos and an
engraving of the loco in use at Botany appeared in Ron Madden's article
'Mort's Dock & John Fowler locomotives of the Great Cobar Copper Mining
Company Firewood Tramway" in Light Railways 146, April 1999.

Regards
Bruce

From: BLI BLI <alcogoodwin@...>
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2006 20:13:56 -0700 (PDT)