Topics

Australia's Colourful American Locomotives - a proposed new LRRSA book. - Parramatta SFL Steam Motor 2 and trailer at Parramatta Park Gatehouse c1890.jpg - Parramatta SFL Steam Motor 2 at Redbank 1938.jpg

Bill Bolton <billbolton@...>

On Thu, 07 Nov 2019 10:13:35 -0800, Terry wrote:

I agree with Tony's observation that the terminal loop was on
land to the side of O'Connell Street.
It seems that you and others are still posting to the Yahoo groups
email address, and I can't see "Tony's observations" at the Groups.io
web site.

Anyway, does anyone have a track map for the Redbank tramway?

Meanwhile here is a photo, via Ian Saxon, of SFL 2 at Redbank circa
1938.

Bill Bolton
Sydney, Australia

John Dennis

Bill,

All the posts on this topic have been via groups.io - there have been no posts to the defunct yahoo group since that little flurry a couple of weeks ago when people become concerned about yahoo groups soing away, despite this group being moved across in May last year.

John

On Fri, 8 Nov 2019 at 12:16, Bill Bolton <billbolton@...> wrote:
On Thu, 07 Nov 2019 10:13:35 -0800, Terry wrote:

> I agree with Tony's observation that the terminal loop was on
> land to the side of O'Connell Street.

It seems that you and others are still posting to the Yahoo groups
email address, and I can't see "Tony's observations" at the Groups.io
web site.

Anyway, does anyone have a track map for the Redbank tramway?

Meanwhile here is a photo, via Ian Saxon, of SFL 2 at Redbank circa
1938.

Bill Bolton
Sydney, Australia

rthorne475

Bill,

For a track map of the line see page 56 of Bruce Macdonald's recent book 'The Steam Tram in Australia & Mew Zealand' (Eveleigh Press 2018).  There is a good early photo of the depot, with O'Connell St in the foreground on page 57...and lots of other fascinating photos of the line, too.

Cheers,

Richard Horne

On Friday, 8 November 2019, 01:16:05 GMT, Bill Bolton <billbolton@...> wrote:

On Thu, 07 Nov 2019 10:13:35 -0800, Terry wrote:

> I agree with Tony's observation that the terminal loop was on
> land to the side of O'Connell Street.

It seems that you and others are still posting to the Yahoo groups
email address, and I can't see "Tony's observations" at the Groups.io
web site.

Anyway, does anyone have a track map for the Redbank tramway?

Meanwhile here is a photo, via Ian Saxon, of SFL 2 at Redbank circa
1938.

Bill Bolton
Sydney, Australia

rthorne475

Here's a photo of motor 31A at the depot. The Tudor Gateway, visible across O'Connell St., clearly identifies the location of the depot yard.