Topics

Are you ready to Zoom into the future ?

Frank Stamford

On Wednesday 19 August at 8.30 pm Eastern Standard Time (8.00 pm in SA & NT; 6.30pm in WA) the LRRSA will be holding an online meeting via Zoom. It will go for about 60 to 90 minutes, but you will be free to leave at any time. If you have not used Zoom before we will be able to provide guidance on the simple process to join in.
A presentation titled:
A journey around some of Australia's weird, wonderful, quaint, quirky and odd railways
will form the main part of the meeting at which participants will have the opportunity of identifying the locations or spotting the oddities in various photographs.
This meeting is open to anyone anywhere in the world. To participate you will need to register your interest, which is easy at our website lrrsa.org.au

and clicking "Zoom in". You will also need either a computer, tablet, or mobile phone with internet connection.
In the event of a large number of people responding, priority will be given to financial members of the LRRSA.

Roderick Smith

That is a good move.  I am a regular zoomer with aviation and marine groups, and my mother's nursing home.  Normally, that is as an observer, sometimes with a comment or question.
Can you please follow up with reminders at 24 h and 4 h?  My aviation group is very good at doing that.
I missed my first railway-group zoom (SRSV) by forgetting: I logged on 15 min after the meeting had ended.
I will be a zoom presenter for a boating group on Wed.19.8 from 20.00 est.  I might catch the last of the LRRSA one, but otherwise I miss.
Was there a reason for LRRSA shifting from its usual Thursday date?

Roderick Smith

Frank Stamford

Hello Roderick,

On 10 Aug 2020, at 19:27, Roderick Smith via groups.io <rnveditor=yahoo.com.au@groups.io> wrote:

That is a good move. I am a regular zoomer with aviation and marine groups, and my mother's nursing home. Normally, that is as an observer, sometimes with a comment or question.
Can you please follow up with reminders at 24 h and 4 h? My aviation group is very good at doing that.
I will see what we can do in that regard. I expect we will be sending out an invitation to attend the meeting about two days before the meeting. That will contain a link to click to get into the meeting.

I missed my first railway-group zoom (SRSV) by forgetting: I logged on 15 min after the meeting had ended.
I will be a zoom presenter for a boating group on Wed.19.8 from 20.00 est. I might catch the last of the LRRSA one, but otherwise I miss.
If there is a possibility you can attend, you need to register to get on the invitation list.

Was there a reason for LRRSA shifting from its usual Thursday date?
Yes, we were concerned that in the current weird conditions Australia Post might not deliver the August LR (which includes a flyer about this meeting) in time for the second Thursday in August. And we had concerns that the third Thursday might be occupied by another railway group. In any case this meeting is not seen as a replacement of our Melbourne meetings. It is an experimental one-off national meeting - but if it is successful we expect there will be more. If there are more they will not necessarily be on a Wednesday.

Roderick Smith