The Australian Light Railway Compendium

Iain

Bob it might be on interest to your group that the All Australian Tracks dataset by Hairylegs (2018) has mapped many tramways and industrial lines would be a good asset for your project to access if you haven’t already.

Cheers

Dr Iain Stuart

P.O. Box 2397

Burwood North, 2134

NSW, Australia

Ph (02) 97010191

Mb 0413 380116

Iain_Stuart@...

From: LRRSA@groups.io <LRRSA@groups.io> On Behalf Of Bob Backway
Sent: Thursday, 29 October 2020 10:31 AM
To: LRRSA@groups.io
Subject: Re: [LRRSA] The Australian Light Railway Compendium

Ian,

On the login page of the site is a button "View Site as Guest". This allows you to enter most parts of the site to see what's being made available for use by members. Once you have registered then you can add and edit data. Also as a viewer you may choose to click help and read the manual describing each part of the site.

Registration is necessary so misuse of the site can be tracked. For example you, as a registered LRRSA member, can add internet links to a particular location or motive power. An unscrupulous individual might advertise their illegal services here. With the ability to track them I can then ban them for missuse.

I have entered some data that is already available to members so they can see how it can be made more friendly. Have a play.

Of course the true value will be realised once members contribute a little time to expand the data with their own knowledge/experience/links etc.

Some LRRSA members have been providing feedback and improvements are being made.

Cheers,

Bob Backway, Belgrave Hts, Victoria, Australia
Commodore, Lake Eyre Yacht Club   LakeEyreYC.com

Bob Backway

Ian,
On the login page of the site is a button "View Site as Guest". This allows you to enter most parts of the site to see what's being made available for use by members. Once you have registered then you can add and edit data. Also as a viewer you may choose to click help and read the manual describing each part of the site.

Registration is necessary so misuse of the site can be tracked. For example you, as a registered LRRSA member, can add internet links to a particular location or motive power. An unscrupulous individual might advertise their illegal services here. With the ability to track them I can then ban them for missuse.

I have entered some data that is already available to members so they can see how it can be made more friendly. Have a play.

Of course the true value will be realised once members contribute a little time to expand the data with their own knowledge/experience/links etc.

Some LRRSA members have been providing feedback and improvements are being made.

Cheers,

Bob Backway, Belgrave Hts, Victoria, Australia
Commodore, Lake Eyre Yacht Club   LakeEyreYC.com

David Halfpenny

Ian,

In general, you’re right to be suspicious of any link sent without explanation: spoofing a mate’s email address is all too easy.

Having said that, this one looks not merely Pukka, but Interesting :-)

David 1/2d

On 27 Oct 2020, at 21:10, Eddie Oliver <eoliver@...> wrote:

On 28/10/2020 06:56, Iain wrote:
Bob,

I am just a little hazy on the details as the link leads me to a page wanting me to log in whereas I would like more detail on what it is you are doing.

you can 'view site as a guest'

Eddie Oliver

On 28/10/2020 06:56, Iain wrote:

Bob,

I am just a little hazy on the details as the link leads me to a page wanting me to log in whereas I would like more detail on what it is you are doing.

you can 'view site as a guest'

Iain

Bob,

Cheers

Dr Iain Stuart

P.O. Box 2397

Burwood North, 2134

NSW, Australia

Ph (02) 97010191

Mb 0413 380116

Iain_Stuart@...

From: LRRSA@groups.io <LRRSA@groups.io> On Behalf Of Bob Backway
Sent: Thursday, 22 October 2020 10:50 AM
To: LRRSA@groups.io
Subject: [LRRSA] The Australian Light Railway Compendium

A Covid Lockdown project for the benefit of the Light Railway community... https://lakeeyreyc.com/LRCompendium/

Bob Backway

A Covid Lockdown project for the benefit of the Light Railway community... https://lakeeyreyc.com/LRCompendium/