Topics

Hunslet 1215 / 303

Michael C.

Dear all,

Me again... Apologies once again in advance for filling your inboxes with off-topic emails.

This weekend saw the popular 'Tracks to the Trenches' event held by the Moseley Railway Trust http://mrt.org.uk/

Please visit: http://www.ww1-event.org/

The event saw the official launch of War Department Light Railway Hunslet 1215 / 303 whci I am sure will be familiar to you in Australia.

I have uploaded a collection of images to Flickr.

Please take a look if you are interested: https://www.flickr.com/photos/55958391@N07/albums/72157671215769618

I also met John Browning which was pleasure and a surprise!

Cheers,

Michael Chapman

John Browning

Thanks Michael

The pleasure was mutual.

The wording of that Decauville “builder’s plate” defies imagination.

John

BM

Michael,

Wow! You certainly had an amazing day out at the ‘Tracks to Trenches’ event with such an amazing collection of locomotives and other WWI items.

I retired as editor of Australian Railway History in late May, so am currently focusing my efforts on my autobiography of my career in international development assistance activities, plus a book on my involvement in railway magazines and railway heritage. Both are major projects!

Best Wishes

Bob McKillop