Topics

Light Railways No.252 posted today

Frank Stamford

"Light Railways" No.252 December 2016 was delivered to Australia Post today, and the pdf version will be made available in the next day or two

It contains:
The horses didn't have a chance: The Kingston - Naracoorte Railway in the 1870s - Part 1 (South Australia)

'Good historians need strong boots': Narbethong sawmills and tramways, Victoria

South Maitland Railways - A career remembered (New South Wales)

Looking back: Yallourn - the early years (Victoria)

Industrial Railway News - 16 items from Australia and Fiji

Letters: John Heine & Son Ltd; Tramways of the Moreton Bay Islands; Emu Bay Neck and its light railways; Port Arthur tramways

LRRSA NSW Division 40 year's celebration

Book Review: Locomotive Enginemen of Tasmania

Field Reports: Illwawarra Coke Company NSW; Wittenoom Gorge WA

Heritage & Tourist: 11 items from around Australia

John Dennis

The PDF version of LR252 has just been sent to our electronic subscribers.

John

On 29 November 2016 at 15:55, frank.stamford@... [LRRSA] <LRRSA@...> wrote:

"Light Railways" No.252 December 2016 was delivered to Australia Post today, and the pdf version will be made available in the next day or two

It contains:
The horses didn't have a chance: The Kingston - Naracoorte Railway in the 1870s - Part 1 (South Australia)

'Good historians need strong boots': Narbethong sawmills and tramways, Victoria

South Maitland Railways - A career remembered (New South Wales)

Looking back: Yallourn - the early years (Victoria)

Industrial Railway News - 16 items from Australia and Fiji

Letters: John Heine & Son Ltd; Tramways of the Moreton Bay Islands; Emu Bay Neck and its light railways; Port Arthur tramways

LRRSA NSW Division 40 year's celebration

Book Review: Locomotive Enginemen of Tasmania

Field Reports: Illwawarra Coke Company NSW; Wittenoom Gorge WA

Heritage & Tourist: 11 items from around Australia

Petan

The electronic version just arrived at my Gold Coast home and quickly scanned to see which item I will read first as it all looks inviting!!

Cheers

Peter Cokley