To: LRRSA@...
From: LRRSA@...
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2016 22:13:10 +1100
Subject: [LRRSA] Greenbat locos (LR 242)

I was going through the table of Greenbat locos in LR 242 and noticed something odd. Contract 82326, works No 2196 of 1948 and contract 82559, works No 1832 of 1950 were both supplied to Central Norseman Gold Corporation, but No 1832 seems to be out of order compared to all the rest so I was wondering if it is a typo.

Does anyone have access to the original book to check the data?

Regards,

Chris

rthorne475

I can't answer this question (and there were another six G&B locos built from 1952 to 1957), but wonder if anyone knows what loco or locos predated the G&Bs, for The West Australian of 11 Feb 1947 reported an accident on the No.20 level involving a locomotive.

Richard Horne

I was going through the table of Greenbat locos in LR 242 and noticed something odd. Contract 82326, works No 2196 of 1948 and contract 82559, works No 1832 of 1950 were both supplied to Central Norseman Gold Corporation, but No 1832 seems to be out of order compared to all the rest so I was wondering if it is a typo.
Does anyone have access to the original book to check the data?

Regards,
Chris

David Whiteford <david.whiteford@...>

Hello all

Attached are two pages from a 1953 booklet produced on Central Norseman operations. You’ll see it lists two Goodman and eight Greenbat locos.

A series of these booklets were produced on major WA mines for the Mining & Metallurgical Congress and are in the Battye Library (WA collection of State Library of WA) at Accession 2198A.

Cheers

David Whiteford | Senior Archivist

State Records Office of Western Australia

Alexander Library Building , Perth Cultural Centre, Perth WA 6000

I can't answer this question (and there were another six G&B locos built from 1952 to 1957), but wonder if anyone knows what loco or locos predated the G&Bs, for The West Australian of 11 Feb 1947 reported an accident on the No.20 level involving a locomotive.

Richard Horne

I have had a quick look at A J Booth's Greenwood book and that is certainly what is printed, I cannot see any explanation but works number 1833 (order 82525) for Columbia dispatch date 16-2-50 is also out of order.

ATB

Martin O'Keeffe

I was going through the table of Greenbat locos in LR 242 and noticed something odd. Contract 82326, works No 2196 of 1948 and contract 82559, works No 1832 of 1950 were both supplied to Central Norseman Gold Corporation, but No 1832 seems to be out of order compared to all the rest so I was wondering if it is a typo.

Does anyone have access to the original book to check the data?

Regards,

Chris

_._,_.___

Posted by: richard horne <rthorne475@...>

.

Michael C.

There are a couple of photos showing Greenbat locos in the UK here:

Michael Chapman

Follow my railway adventures on Flickr at http://tinyurl.com/nlvlnmt
Follow me on Twitter @mikenarrowgauge
Support the Welsh Highland Heritage Railway on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/WHHRly

In a message dated 27/01/2016 19:11:21 GMT Standard Time, LRRSA@... writes:

I can't answer this question (and there were another six G&B locos built from 1952 to 1957), but wonder if anyone knows what loco or locos predated the G&Bs, for The West Australian of 11 Feb 1947 reported an accident on the No.20 level involving a locomotive.

Richard Horne

[Unable to display image]