: RE: Yarloop workshops destroyed in bushfire

Bill

In deed, very sad news.

Yarloop Loco Depot and Sawmill complex was the best living museum site that I have seen in Australia.

The collection of rolling stock; pattern shop, with all the masters; saw milling display - blacksmith shop etc.

Sympathy to all the staff, and people living in the area.

Regards,
Bill

John Garaty

Hi all
for those on the list who are unfamiliar or have never heard of Yarloop previously, check out the Photo Gallery, Slideshow and History Links links at
There is a site plan under the History link
The e-brochure is worth a look too while their website is still up,

This was a large site with all the steam machinery housed in large timber buildings across the site.
Regards,
John Garaty
Unanderra in oz

denis.wasley

G’Day,
I visited Yarloop on two occasions. Each time I met interesting and friendly volunteers and was fascinated with the history of the museum.
Its loss is very sad. My sympathies also go to those museum volunteers who also lost their homes.
regards
Denis Wasley
Secretary & Manager Steam Plant Operations
Cobdogla Steam Friends Society Inc
enquiries@...
cobdoglasteammuseum.com.au

Sent: Sunday, January 10, 2016 12:02 PM
Subject: Re:: RE: [LRRSA] Yarloop workshops destroyed in bushfire

Hi all

for those on the list who are unfamiliar or have never heard of Yarloop previously, check out the Photo Gallery, Slideshow and History Links links at
There is a site plan under the History link
The e-brochure is worth a look too while their website is still up,

This was a large site with all the steam machinery housed in large timber buildings across the site.
Regards,
John Garaty
Unanderra in oz

John Dennis

Sadly, I never visited. I drove past in September this year, but having already decided that we would return to Perth in a year or two, decided to put off a visit until then. Very bad decision...

The Rail Heritage arena has been sorely done by fires in recent years, what with the Zig Zag and the ElecRail fire in Newport Workshops.

John

Sent: Sunday, January 10, 2016 12:02 PM

Hi all

for those on the list who are unfamiliar or have never heard of Yarloop previously, check out the Photo Gallery, Slideshow and History Links links at
There is a site plan under the History link
The e-brochure is worth a look too while their website is still up,

This was a large site with all the steam machinery housed in large timber buildings across the site.
Regards,
John Garaty
Unanderra in oz

Eddie Oliver

On 10/01/2016 16:32, John Dennis jdennis412@... [LRRSA] wrote:

The Rail Heritage arena has been sorely done by fires in recent years, what with the Zig Zag and the ElecRail fire in Newport Workshops.

and trams etc at Loftus

denis.wasley

and the Pinjarra and Walhalla track fires of several years ago.

Sent: Sunday, January 10, 2016 4:09 PM