Sent: Friday, July 17, 2015 8:17 PM
Subject: [LRRSA] Cane Locos

Hi All,

I have just joined the group as I am very interested in the Cane Railways of Queensland. I have just returned from Cairns where I was amazed at just how comprehensive they are.

I model electric trams in 7mm scale and I would love to work in a small section of cane railways on my layout ( I know the cane railways did not run near electric tramways but I do model Brisbane trams as well so I'm in the same state!!!) and I was wondering if someone could point me in the direction where I might be able to get some loco drawings, I would like to do some of the current 0-6-0 fleet preferably or even some of the double truck versions.

Would anyone be able to assist me please?

best wishes
Greg

No virus found in this message.

David Halfpenny

Greg, what country are you in, please.

That could have quite an impact on the price of a book :-)

For example I saw a copy of Made by Baldwin for sale in England last week - quite a few drawings in that.

David 1/2d

On 17 Jul 2015, at 11:17, citadis@... [LRRSA] <LRRSA@...> wrote:

Hi All,

I have just joined the group as I am very interested in the Cane Railways of Queensland. I have just returned from Cairns where I was amazed at just how comprehensive they are.

I model electric trams in 7mm scale and I would love to work in a small section of cane railways on my layout ( I know the cane railways did not run near electric tramways but I do model Brisbane trams as well so I'm in the same state!!!) and I was wondering if someone could point me in the direction where I might be able to get some loco drawings, I would like to do some of the current 0-6-0 fleet preferably or even some of the double truck versions.

Would anyone be able to assist me please?

best wishes
Greg

Stephen Cox

I was wondering if someone could point me in the direction
where I might be able to get some loco drawings, I would like
to do some of the current 0-6-0 fleet preferably or even some
of the double truck versions.

Would anyone be able to assist me please?

Greg,

You might care to start looking at http://www.zelmeroz.com/canesig/

Stephen Cox
Canberra

Luke Horniblow

Hello.

There is a few groups on Facebook that could help.

To: LRRSA@...
From: LRRSA@...
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2015 23:34:29 +1000
Subject: RE: [LRRSA] Cane Locos

> I was wondering if someone could point me in the direction
> where I might be able to get some loco drawings, I would like
> to do some of the current 0-6-0 fleet preferably or even some
> of the double truck versions.
>
> Would anyone be able to assist me please?

Greg,

You might care to start looking at http://www.zelmeroz.com/canesig/

Stephen Cox
Canberra

Geoffrey Hansen

Did the steam trams in Rockhampton run anywhere near the sugar tramways?

Or would the closest tramway have been the Brisbane tramways and the cane tramways at Nambour? (I wish I had paid more attention to the latter when it was still running).

Regards
Geoffrey

To: LRRSA@...
From: LRRSA@...
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2015 03:17:42 -0700

Hi All,

I have just joined the group as I am very interested in the Cane Railways of Queensland. I have just returned from Cairns where I was amazed at just how comprehensive they are.

I model electric trams in 7mm scale and I would love to work in a small section of cane railways on my layout ( I know the cane railways did not run near electric tramways but I do model Brisbane trams as well so I'm in the same state!!!) and I was wondering if someone could point me in the direction where I might be able to get some loco drawings, I would like to do some of the current 0-6-0 fleet preferably or even some of the double truck versions.

Would anyone be able to assist me please?

best wishes
Greg

Brad P

Hi Greg,
             Google 'CaneSig'. Hundreds of photos and drawings to be found on there.

  Same state is good.
  I am trying to work out a way to get cane locos on a Batlow-ish layout :-)

Brad

On Jul 17, 2015 8:25 PM, "citadis@... [LRRSA]" <LRRSA@...> wrote:

Hi All,

I have just joined the group as I am very interested in the Cane Railways of Queensland. I have just returned from Cairns where I was amazed at just how comprehensive they are.

I model electric trams in 7mm scale and I would love to work in a small section of cane railways on my layout ( I know the cane railways did not run near electric tramways but I do model Brisbane trams as well so I'm in the same state!!!) and I was wondering if someone could point me in the direction where I might be able to get some loco drawings, I would like to do some of the current 0-6-0 fleet preferably or even some of the double truck versions.

Would anyone be able to assist me please?

best wishes
Greg

A C Lynn Zelmer

Also try Fainges as the search term in the rail heritage image collection search engine:
     http://www.zelmeroz.com/albumquery/_search.php
and scroll down.

O scale drawings are 1:48 but can be enlarges to 7mm when printing.

Happy modelling
   Lynn
   CaneSIG Coordinator

On 17/07/15 8:17 PM, citadis@... [LRRSA] wrote:

...get some loco drawings...

Would anyone be able to assist me please?

Lynn Zelmer
Box 1414 Main Post Office
Rockhampton, QLD 4700 AUSTRALIA