Topics

LRRSA - special offers on LRRSA books and Light Railways back numbers

Frank Stamford

To help make room in our store for several new books we will be publishing shortly the LRRSA has a number of special price offers. These are available to LRRSA members only.

These prices will automatically apply if you are registered as an LRRSA member on the LRRSA Online Shop. If you are not yet registered and wish to take advantage of any of these offers, then you should register as a customer on the online shop and advise me by email that you have done so. I can then change your status to LRRSA member.

These prices are also available for mail-order purchases.

Details are:

Special prices available until 31 December 2011:

Arsenic and Molasses - soft cover $10.00 (normally $18.00 to LRRSA members)

Arsenic and Molasses - hard cover $14.00 (normally $27.00 to LRRSA members)

Settlers and Sawmillers $18.00 (normally $23.93 to LRRSA members)

Tall Timber & Tramlines Queensland $17.00 (normally $22.46 to LRRSA members)

Mountains of Ash $36.00 (normally $44.96 to LRRSA members)

The Innisfail Tramway - soft cover $12.00 (normally $22.46 to LRRSA members)

And the following special offers are available while surplus stocks last:

Light Railways back numbers:

Nos 150 to 159 $1.30 each

Nos 160-171 $1.39 each

Nos 172-182 $1.50 each

Nos 183-199 $1.59 each

(This is an 80% discount off recommended retail price)

Narrow Gauge Downunder - $6.00 each

Thank you.

Frank Stamford
Publications Officer
Light Railway Research Society of Australia Inc.

PH

Frank,

Did you ever get the copy of "Burning Mists of Time" that I sent down to you many months ago?

Philip Hammon

On 20/11/2011, at 12:06 PM, "Frank" <frank.stamford@...<mailto:frank.stamford@...>> wrote:

[...]

Hello Philip,

The only time I have seen a copy of "Burning Mists of Time" was a couple of years ago at the time of its publication. I passed that copy on to someone to write a review for "Light Railways".

On 20/11/2011 1:11 PM, Philip Hammon wrote:
Frank,

Did you ever get the copy of "Burning Mists of Time" that I sent down to you many months ago?

Philip Hammon

Sent from my iPad

[...]

------------------------------------

Material posted on this group may be adapted by the editors of LRRSA publications for use in those publications, including Light Railways and the LRRSA web-site www.lrrsa.org.au

This group is for members who share common interests with the members of the LRRSA, but the contents of postings are those of their authors and opinions expressed do not necessarily conform with those of any LRRSA member nor of the LRRSA Council of Management"
Yahoo!7 Groups Links

PH

Hi Frank,

OK I'll send another one.
Is the address PO Box 27 Surrey Hills Vic?

Phil

On 21/11/2011, at 6:21 AM, "Frank Stamford" <frank.stamford@...> wrote:

[...]

Luke Horniblow

G'day. Just wondering what year those number magazines are for?
To: LRRSA@...
From: philip.hammon@...
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2011 21:12:39 +0000
Subject: Re: [LRRSA] LRRSA - special offers on LRRSA books and Light Railways back numbers

[...]

Hello Luke,

LR150 was the December 1999 issue, and LR199 was the February 2008 issue.

You can see details of them at the LRRSA website here:

LRs 176-199:

http://www.lrrsa.org.au/Lrr_LRh.htm

LRs 151-175:

http://www.lrrsa.org.au/Lrr_LRg.htm

LR 150:

http://www.lrrsa.org.au/Lrr_LRf.htm

On 21/11/2011 9:15 AM, Luke H wrote:

[...]

Hello. Thanks very much. How many copies of other mags do you's have? Or are most sold out. Cheers luke
To: LRRSA@...
From: frank.stamford@...
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 10:36:23 +1100

[...]

Currently the following issues are still available:

55 to 66; 69 to 74; 78; 80 and 81; 83; 85; 89; 92 and 93; 95; 97 to 99;
101 to 120; 122 and 123; 125 to 204, 206 to 212; 214 to 221.

There are reasonable stocks of all of these except No.200. There are
very few copies of No.200 available.

If you wish to build up your collection I would recommend purchasing
No.200 before it is sold out, and then the issues currently on special
offer (150 to 199).

We may have a special offer on the issues prior to 150 a little later.

To: LRRSA@... <mailto:LRRSA%40yahoogroups.com.au>
From: frank.stamford@... <mailto:frank.stamford%40bigpond.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 10:36:23 +1100
Subject: Re: [LRRSA] LRRSA - special offers on LRRSA books and Light
Railways back numbers

[...]

Hello Franks. Ok, thanks. Which is the best way for me to buy the mags that are on special and no.200? Cheers luke
To: LRRSA@...

From: frank.stamford@... <mailto:frank.stamford%40bigpond.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 10:36:23 +1100
[...]

John Dennis

Go to the LRRSA online shop - http://www.lrrsa.org.au/ and click on the
"LRRSA Shop" link, the click on the "Enter the shop" link, then "Light
Railways magazine". Once you select an item you will be asked to register,
do that, and place your order.

John

On 23 November 2011 20:50, Luke H <hiluxdude_21@...> wrote:

**

Hello Franks. Ok, thanks. Which is the best way for me to buy the mags
that are on special and no.200? Cheers luke

Frank Stamford

Hello Luke,

Register as a customer on the LRRSA online shop.

When you have done that I will change your customer status to LRRSA member and I will send you an email message when I have done it.

You can then order the items in the online shop, it will give you the best LRRSA members prices and calculate the postage. You can then pay be credit card or cheque or money order, but orders will be handled much quicker if paid by credit card.

The price of LR200 will be about $6.00. Unless we find some more hidden away somewhere (which is possible) I don't expect the price will ever be lower, because we have so few.

To: LRRSA@...

From: frank.stamford@... <mailto:frank.stamford%40bigpond.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 10:36:23 +1100
[...]

Hey Fank. Ok, thanks. Juts joined now. Cheers luke
To: LRRSA@...

From: frank.stamford@... <mailto:frank.stamford%40bigpond.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 10:36:23 +1100
[...]

Hey Frank. Just leting you know i've joined. Cheers luke
To: lrrsa@...
From: hiluxdude_21@...
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 21:23:14 +1000

Hey Fank. Ok, thanks. Juts joined now. Cheers luke

To: LRRSA@...

From: frank.stamford@... <mailto:frank.stamford%40bigpond.com>

Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 10:36:23 +1100

[...]

denis.wasley

ps
Sorry, I don't know which issue it is in, but if you have any copies of the magazine which has the original article on our Bagnall Nº 1801 in it, I would like to add three copies of it to my order please. I seem to have misplaced my only copy.

thanks and cheers
Denis Wasley
Berri SA

[...]

Hello Denis,

The issue of "Light Railways" which had the history of Bagnall B/N 1801
was No.107. We still have copies of it.

The best way to purchase copies of this and the the other books you want
is to go to the LRRSA Online Shop:

http://www.lrrsa.org.au/LRR_Online_shop.html

and register as a customer, but don't place your order at that stage.
When you have registered the system will let me know, I shall then
change you customer status to LRRSA member so the system will give you
members' prices. I will let you know by email when I have done this. You
can then place the order and pay by Visa.