Seeking photographs of Queensland subjects for LRRSA Fiftieth Anniversary public

Frank Stamford

Hello all,

I am now moving into panic mode in the process of collecting photographs for our Fiftieth Anniversary publication.

For Queensland the following would be much appreciated if anyone can provide them:

1972 First bogie diesel loco in sugar railway service – E.M Baldwin "Kilrie". Ideally the photograph should have been taken in 1972, but if not as close as possible to that date, and showing the loco in as delivered condition.

1981 Last steam operation at Millaquin (and it was also the last regular steam operation on an Australian sugar railway)

1988 LRRSA Qld Division visit to Laheys's Canungra Tramway (what was the date of this?)

2000 LRRSA SEQ Group visit to Neranwood (what was the date of this?)
or Bundy's Great Adventure (but the LRRSA activity would be preferable)

2001 LRRSA SEQ Group visit to Clive Plater's residence and Buderim Tramway (what was the date of this?)

2003 LRRSA SEQ Group visit to Mapleton Tramway (31 May)

In the case of the field trips, the ideal pictures would show people inspecting an interesting remnant of the tramway (such as earthworks).

Hello all,

Regarding my previous message, there is a correction regarding my 1981 entry, which read:

"1981 Last steam operation at Millaquin (and it was also the last regular steam operation on an Australian sugar railway)"

it should have read:

"1981 Last steam operation at Marian Mill - Fowler loco on navvy duties (and it was also the last regular steam operation on an Australian sugar railway)"