From: LRRSA@yahoogroups.com.au [mailto:LRRSA@yahoogroups.com.au] On Behalf Of gm4201
Sent: Friday, 18 February 2011 5:38 PM
To: LRRSA@yahoogroups.com.au
Subject: [LRRSA] Re: Frankston Rail Accident

--- In LRRSA@yahoogroups.com.au<mailto:LRRSA%40yahoogroups.com.au>, "rnveditor" <rodsmith@...> wrote:

Sep.75 Newsrail p194 (Herald Sun) & 195 (Ian Morrison) photos, plus p214 news item.

Regards,
Roderick B Smith
Rail News Victoria Editor

On June the 10th of June 1975 an Up goods train hauled by B69 got out of control descending the Langwarrin bank into Frankston...
I've found the photos, I'll scan them as soon as I can. I also have faded copies of articles from the Melbourne Sun and the Melbourne Age, both on 11th June 1975. I have a print of the photo used with the Age story, I have 1 of the 2 photos used in the Sun. I'll retype the text of the 2 stories if you want it.

Regards,
Chris.

Bill

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

They worked perfectly for me today.

Cheers,
Bill

From: Bill Hanks <bhanks@railsignallingservices.com.au>
To: "LRRSA@yahoogroups.com.au" <LRRSA@yahoogroups.com.au>
Date: Thursday, 17 February, 2011, 4:37 PM

[...]

halfpilotstaff

G'day Bill,

Have you posted this on Railpage? Someone there is sure to either have the info you're after, or be able to point you in the right direction.

I can post for you, if you wish...

Cheerz

--- In LRRSA@yahoogroups.com.au, Bill Hanks <bhanks@...> wrote:

[...]

I think I have photos of this accident. I used to work for Comsteel at the stainless steel plant at Unanderra and we got copies of photos of incidents involving trains made with our steel. When the plant closed down in 1997 I kept all the rail-related stuff as it would have been thrown away. I'll have a look at home tonight.

Regards,
Chris

bll_hnks