First passenger trains - Porthmadog to Caernarfon

John Browning

Not an Australian n.g. train but definitely worthy of notice is the latest
chapter in the Welsh Highland revival.

A short video and a newspaper article sum it up nicely.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2Q05gVECAA

http://blogs.walesonline.co.uk/lifestyle/2010/10/al-qaeda-strikes-welsh-high
lan.html

Stil a few things to sort out - Portmadoc Harbour Station has to be rebuilt
and peace in our time has to be achieved with the Welsh Highland Heritage
mob on the other side of town.

Hopefully the next couple of years will see regular services throughout the
whole length of the line as well as Welsh Highland Heritage Trains operating
on a frequent basis.

Apologies to all who may be offended by the sight of Welsh narrow gauge on
this group.

John

logo

John Browning

PO Box 99

Annerley 4103

Queensland

Australia

Phone +61 (0)7 3255 9084

Mobile 0407 069 199

rthorne475

Excellent, John.  So, we missed that by 6 weeks!  Oh, and yes, you will be getting some pics in due course.

Cheers,

Richard