Topics

Carriage on the move.

Damien Tinker

Hey all
My friend jeff watson, stephen watson's son messaged me last night. They have the 2nu carriage at cranbourne. It is being relocated today to erica. Im not sure if its on narre warren road at tge moment but no doubt it will be on the highway sometime this morning. Ill message when im told its on its way.
Stephen is setting up the museum at Erica with railway heritage and information.
Cheers
Damien

Chris Stratton

Damien Tinker <the_mini_junkyard@live.com.au> wrote:

Hey all
My friend jeff watson, stephen watson's son messaged me last night. They
have the 2nu carriage at cranbourne. It is being relocated today to
erica. Im not sure if its on narre warren road at tge moment but no
doubt it will be on the highway sometime this morning. Ill message when
im told its on its way.
Stephen is setting up the museum at Erica with railway heritage and
information.
Cheers
Damien
What is a 2nu carriage?

Regards,
Chris

Bill Russell

G'day All,

A NU van (sometimes mistakenly called a carriage) is a louvered box van used on
the Victorian Narrow gauge railways. #3 along with 8, 10, 13 & 14) are st Puffing Billy.
Regards,

Bill Russell

On 20 Oct 2010 at 9:28, Chris Stratton wrote:

Damien Tinker <the_mini_junkyard@live.com.au> wrote:

Hey all
My friend jeff watson, stephen watson's son messaged me last night. They
have the 2nu carriage at cranbourne. It is being relocated today to
erica. Im not sure if its on narre warren road at tge moment but no
doubt it will be on the highway sometime this morning. Ill message when
im told its on its way.
Stephen is setting up the museum at Erica with railway heritage and
information.
Cheers
Damien
What is a 2nu carriage?

Regards,
Chris

------------------------------------

Material posted on this group may be adapted by the editors of LRRSA publications for use in those publications, including Light Railways and the LRRSA web-site www.lrrsa.org.au

This group is for members who share common interests with the members of the LRRSA, but the contents of postings are those of their authors and opinions expressed do not necessarily conform with those of any LRRSA member nor of the LRRSA Council of Management"
Yahoo!7 Groups Links

Damien Tinker

It appears to be a guards van or louvered van. Im not sure. I didnt see the number this is what i was told by the owner.
On 20/10/2010, at 9:28 AM, Chris Stratton <gm4201@optusnet.com.au> wrote:

Damien Tinker <the_mini_junkyard@live.com.au> wrote:

Hey all
My friend jeff watson, stephen watson's son messaged me last night. They
have the 2nu carriage at cranbourne. It is being relocated today to
erica. Im not sure if its on narre warren road at tge moment but no
doubt it will be on the highway sometime this morning. Ill message when
im told its on its way.
Stephen is setting up the museum at Erica with railway heritage and
information.
Cheers
Damien
What is a 2nu carriage?

Regards,
Chris

Chris Stratton

Thanks. I know nothing about Victorian rolling stock, and very little about NSW rolling stock. Locomotives, particularly diesel, are my main interest.

Regards,
Chris

Bill Russell <bill.russell@optusnet.com.au> wrote:

[...]

Marie and David Lowe

2NU has arrived at Erica where it is proudly sitting on a short section of track
in the yard of the old corner shop.
David.

________________________________
[...]

I believe it is also "home again"
It was really interesting seeing it under the carport at cranbourne for so long before returning back to Erica.

On 21/10/2010, at 5:35 PM, Marie and David Lowe <plateausedge@yahoo.com.au> wrote:

2NU has arrived at Erica where it is proudly sitting on a short section of track
in the yard of the old corner shop.
David.

________________________________
It appears to be a guards van or louvered van. Im not sure. I didnt see the
number this is what i was told by the owner.

Sent from my iPhone

On 20/10/2010, at 9:28 AM, Chris Stratton <gm4201@optusnet.com.au> wrote:

Damien Tinker <the_mini_junkyard@live.com.au> wrote:

Hey all
My friend jeff watson, stephen watson's son messaged me last night. They
have the 2nu carriage at cranbourne. It is being relocated today to
erica. Im not sure if its on narre warren road at tge moment but no
doubt it will be on the highway sometime this morning. Ill message when
im told its on its way.
Stephen is setting up the museum at Erica with railway heritage and
information.
Cheers
Damien
What is a 2nu carriage?

Regards,
Chris

bll_hnks

Does 2NU have bogies?
Bill.

On 20/10/2010, at 9:28 AM, Chris Stratton <gm4201@optusnet.com.au<mailto:gm4201%40optusnet.com.au>> wrote:

Damien Tinker <the_mini_junkyard@live.com.au<mailto:the_mini_junkyard%40live.com.au>> wrote:

Hey all
My friend jeff watson, stephen watson's son messaged me last night. They
have the 2nu carriage at cranbourne. It is being relocated today to
erica. Im not sure if its on narre warren road at tge moment but no
doubt it will be on the highway sometime this morning. Ill message when
im told its on its way.
Stephen is setting up the museum at Erica with railway heritage and
information.
Cheers
Damien
What is a 2nu carriage?

Regards,
Chris

Damien Tinker

Yes it does. I'll upload the pic as soon as I retrieve it off my phone.
Cheers,
Damien

David in Avenel

What happened to the wagons from Moyhu that disappeared recently.

On 22 October 2010 08:49, Bill Hanks
<bhanks@railsignallingservices.com.au>wrote:

Does 2NU have bogies?
Bill.

From: Damien Tinker <the_mini_junkyard@live.com.au<the_mini_junkyard%40live.com.au>
<mailto:the_mini_junkyard%40live.com.au<the_mini_junkyard%2540live.com.au>>>

To: "LRRSA@yahoogroups.com.au <LRRSA%40yahoogroups.com.au><mailto:
LRRSA%40yahoogroups.com.au <LRRSA%2540yahoogroups.com.au>>" <
LRRSA@yahoogroups.com.au <LRRSA%40yahoogroups.com.au><mailto:
LRRSA%40yahoogroups.com.au <LRRSA%2540yahoogroups.com.au>>>
Sent: Tue, 19 October, 2010 3:52:25 PM

Damien Tinker <the_mini_junkyard@live.com.au<the_mini_junkyard%40live.com.au>
wrote:

Hey all
My friend jeff watson, stephen watson's son messaged me last night.
They
have the 2nu carriage at cranbourne. It is being relocated today to
erica. Im not sure if its on narre warren road at tge moment but no
doubt it will be on the highway sometime this morning. Ill message
when
im told its on its way.
Stephen is setting up the museum at Erica with railway heritage and
information.
Cheers
Damien
What is a 2nu carriage?

Regards,
Chris

cheers
David in Avenel.

bll_hnks

I think the local Lyons Club or some other service group were going to do a restoration using the good parts from both vehicles to create a display somewhere in the area.
Bill Hanks.

From: Damien Tinker <the_mini_junkyard@live.com.au<the_mini_junkyard%40live.com.au>
<mailto:the_mini_junkyard%40live.com.au<the_mini_junkyard%2540live.com.au>>>

To: "LRRSA@yahoogroups.com.au <LRRSA%40yahoogroups.com.au><mailto: