From: LRRSA@yahoogroups.com.au [mailto:LRRSA@yahoogroups.com.au] On Behalf
Of Dick Holland
Sent: Saturday, 10 January 2009 9:45 PM
To: LRRSA@yahoogroups.com.au
Subject: [LRRSA] Kuridala Shay

I've just received the book 'Copper at the 'Curry'. This book shows a two
truck 3'6" Shay loco at Kuridala.

It mentions that this locomotive was subsequently sold to the Bootless Bay
Tramway, PNQ in 1924.

Excuse my ignorance aficionados, but where was this and what did it do?

Dick Holland
Broken Hill.

Christopher Hart

PNQ should be PNG (Papua and New Guinea) which is where Bootless Bay is.
There is an article on the line in Light Railways 47. Bootless Bay is just
east of Port Moresby, the line was six and a half miles in length and used
to transport copper ore to a smelter near the bay,
Chris Hart
2009/1/10 Chris Stratton gm4201@optusnet.com.au

_._,___

rthorne475

Clearly a typo, Chris. PNG is Papua New Guinea.

New Guinea Copper Mines Ltd. 3' 6"gauge line from Bootless Bay to Dubuna. Construction commenced 1918, completed 1921. Closed 1926.

Locos:

'POLYGON' [Andrew Barclay 1544/1918] 0-6-0Toc ex BHAS Port Pirie, South Australia

- [Lima 2478/1911] 4w+4wTG A class Shay ex Hampden Cloncurry Mines Ltd, Kuridala, Qld. (New to Lahey Bros., Canungra, Qld.)

Regards,

Richard Horne

________________________________
I've just received the book 'Copper at the 'Curry'. This book shows a two
truck 3'6" Shay loco at Kuridala.

It mentions that this locomotive was subsequently sold to the Bootless Bay
Tramway, PNQ in 1924.

Excuse my ignorance aficionados, but where was this and what did it do?

Dick Holland
Broken Hill.

John Dimitrievich <johnd@...>

Dear LRRSA Team,

No pics, but some info

http://www.shaylocomotives.com/data/lima3354/sn-2478.htm

Happy Researching,

Aim to Improve,

Prof Klyzlr

Chris Stratton

Thanks for that. I should have realised, my only excuse is that it was late
and I was tired after driving home from Sydney.
Regards,
CS