Sale RAAF target tramway

Scott Gould <sncs@...>

Hi All,

Thanks John for the links to the PROV photos of the target tramway. I
have uploaded to my folder Scott's photos in the photos section a
drawing showing the model railway style controller as mentioned by
Bill, and the track plan. There is also a photo in the folder from
the PROV collection showing the control desk.The three foot gauge
also rings a bell.

Regards,

Scott

--- In LRRSA@yahoogroups.com.au, "Bill Hanks" <bhanks@...> wrote:

When I looked at the point layout plan many years ago I seem to
remember
the gauge being 3 foot. There was also an insulated third rail
that
provided power for propulsion. The control of it was something
akin to
an electric train set.

Bill Hanks

Date: Tue Dec 2, 2008 5:18 am ((EST))

________________________________
I think that Richard is referring to another target tramway, this one
operating at Puckapunyal, also in Victoria.

It also used a three rail system.

Photos are on the Public Record Office of Victoria site.

Go to http://proarchives. imagineering. com.au/Index_ search.asp? searchid= 41
and start looking.

An initial search for 'target' found some interesting results.

John

John Browning
Brisbane
Queensland
Australia

PO Box 99

Annerley 4103

Phone +61 (0)7 3255 9084

Mobile 0407 069 199

John Browning

As Richard says, not well captioned.

If you search for 'narrow gauge' from
http://proarchives.imagineering.com.au/Index_search.asp?searchid=41 you'll
find some photos of a Puckapunyal target trolley at the bottom of the first
page of results.

John

John Browning
Brisbane
Queensland
Australia

PO Box 99

Annerley 4103

Phone +61 (0)7 3255 9084

Mobile 0407 069 199

John Browning

Ah . . .

I think that Richard is referring to another target tramway, this one
operating at Puckapunyal, also in Victoria.

It also used a three rail system.

Photos are on the Public Record Office of Victoria site.

Go to http://proarchives.imagineering.com.au/Index_search.asp?searchid=41
and start looking.

An initial search for 'target' found some interesting results.

John

John Browning
Brisbane
Queensland
Australia

PO Box 99

Annerley 4103

Phone +61 (0)7 3255 9084

Mobile 0407 069 199

rthorne475

There are also pictures in 'Picture Australia' of one of the target trolleys, with and without the target, at what I assume is
VR's Newport Works. They probably appear under 'railways' and, although I can't now recall, I'd guess that the captions are totally erroneous (as are so many on this otherwise excellent site).

Regards,

Richard Horne