Perry Locomotives

Ron & Hilary Martin <ronhil@...>

I've had an enquiry from outside Australia regarding possible sources of
information regarding Perry 0-4-2 locos, particularly the Bennett Brook
example. Such items as spec sheets, GA drawings etc.

Any ideas please,

Ron

The Bickfords <womloc4@...>

Hi Ron,

Issue 141 of Light Railways has an article about the 0-4-2T Perry owned by the Belbins.
Now located at the Lake Macquarie Light Railway, see http://www.lmlr.org.au/
There is a reproduction of the makers drawing in issue 141, plus lots of photos.

Sets of scanned copies Perry Cane Loco Drawings on CD were once available from one of the museums in South Australia.
Unfortunately, the price was rather beyond my means and I don't think they are still available.
Maybe someone else knows otherwise.

Pity your enquirer likes the Bennett Brook example - I reckon they 'vandalised' it with that 'English' style cab.
Happily I do not know of any drawings of it in that condition.

cheers,
Mike Bickford
Berowra & Nalya Tramway
Sydney, Australia
www.ritginc.org

From: "Ron & Hilary Martin" <ronhil@iinet.net.au>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 19:26:42 +1000 (Tasmania Standard Time)
To: <LRRSA@yahoogroups.com.au>

I've had an enquiry from outside Australia regarding possible sources of
information regarding Perry 0-4-2 locos, particularly the Bennett Brook
example. Such items as spec sheets, GA drawings etc.

Any ideas please,

Ron

Ron & Hilary Martin <ronhil@...>

Mike and Bruce,

Many thanks for your excellent answers to my query.

Ron