Bronzewing Re: LRRSA Yahoo Group

BLI BLI <alcogoodwin@...>

Hi guys,
Forwarding this to the group for Bob who is
lucky to be over in Beijing at the moment.

Regards
Brad

--- Bob Mckillop <bob.mckillop@public.un.org.cn>
wrote:

Brad,
Being on assignment in Beijing for 10 weeks I am
using a temporary UN address. I receive my emails
from my normal Bigpond address OK, but I can only
send emails out via the UN address.

I sent two messages for the LRRSA Yahoo Group over
the weekend, but they were rejected on the grounds
of a 'foreign address'. Can you post the one below
in some way?

The messages is:

Re Bronzewing (sent 30/9/2007)
On 23 September GM4201 wrote:
Contrary to the report in the latest Light Railways
magazine Bronzewing has not yet left BSL Port
Kembla. ... Anyway, it is definitely leaving
Wednesday
26th September. It is hoped to have it loaded on the
truck and leaving the steelworks by 9am, via the
North Gate onto Springhill Rd. It will then travel
to Maldon cement works where it will be unloaded and
placed on the track. It will then be towed to
Thirlmere, due to depart Maldon at 13:00.

OK, did it happen as planned this time? Can anyone
provide some background on what is proposed for
BRONZEWING at Thirmlere?
Bob McKillop
Heritage & Research editor, Light Railways

Bond or Bourne. Who's the real lady-killer?
Be a better groupie
Find out at Yahoo! Answers - http://ph.answers.yahoo.com/

Chris Stratton

Bronzewing did depart Bluescope Steel Port Kembla on Wednesday 26th
September at 12:05, about 3 hours late. It travelled by road to Maldon
cement works where it was placed back on the rails, then towed to Thirlmere
by 4803.
Bronzewing has a current boiler certificate and only requires some minor
work to be in full operating condition. It is planned to run it at Thirlmere
but most likely not regularly. It should run at the Thirlmere Festival of
Steam in March 2008.
I have been told by someone who had experience with the Porter locos at Port
Kembla that they are very useful for detecting bad trackwork, as they will
immediately derail.
Seriously though, I was also told that the Porters could lift 1200 tons from
a standing start on a 1 in 40 grade.

Regards,
CS

wrote:

[...]

Material posted on this group may be adapted by the editors of LRRSA
publications for use in those publications, including Light Railways and
the LRRSA web-site www.lrrsa.org.au

This group is for members who share common interests with the members of
the LRRSA, but the contents of postings are those of their authors and
opinions expressed do not necessarily conform with those of any LRRSA
member nor of the LRRSA Council of Management"

Yahoo!7 Groups Links