Photographs from Wales - slightly off-topic

Michael C.

Dear all,

On Monday the 27th May it was a ank-holiday in the UK so I was off work - hurray!

I visited the dual-gauge 12.25" and 15" gauge Fairbourne Railway on the West Coast of Wales. Visit: http://www.fairbournerailway.com/

There were a number of visiting locomotives; perhaps the most interesting being 'Katie' built in 1896.

Visit: https://ravenglassrailwaymuseum.co.uk/portfolio/cras-aliquam-neque-nisl/

There is an Australian link too! One of the other visiting locomotives was 'Mountaineer' formerly employed on the Bush Mill Railway in Tasmania. I was lucky enough to ride this in the late 1990s and was sad when it closed.

I took lots of photographs and the best ones have been uploaded to Flickr.

Take a look if you are interested:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/55958391@N07/albums/72157708812220768

Cheers,

Michael Chapman