Re: STILL OFF-TOPIC more narrow gauge photos from India

Kevin Sewell

Aaaah yes!!!! The Windemere Hotel - fantastic memories.

On Sun, Apr 7, 2019 at 9:32 AM Michael C. via Groups.Io <chapmanmchapman=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Dear all,

I have been going through my Indian railway photographs and have uploaded a couple more collections to Flickr.

This is my last trip on the Darjeeling Himalayan Railway:

And this is my first collection from the 2'6" gauge Kalka to Shimla railway:

Take a look if you are interested.

Cheers,

Michael Chapman

From: "Michael C. via Groups.Io" <chapmanmchapman=aol.com@groups.io>
Date: 23/03/2019 21:29 (GMT+00:00)

Dear All,

Last month I travelled on the 'Indian Magic' tour with Darjeeling Tours. Unfortunately the weather wasn't too kind in and around Darjeeling with lots of cloud and fog.

However; I have started to work through the thousands of images I captured and have uploaded some collections to Flickr.

On-shed at Siliguri Junction is here:

New Jalpaiguri Junction to Tindharia is here:

This is kind of cool:

Tindharia Works including new B Class boilers is here:

Such as:

And they can service a B Class in 100 days!

Tindharia to Ghum in the dark is here:

I like these images:

And on-shed in Darjeeling is here:

This album contains some black-and-white images for a change such as:

And this image is rather special:

There is more to come... including two other narrow gauge railways...

Please take a look if you are interested.

Cheers,

Michael Chapman.

Kevin

Good judgement comes from experience and experience comes from bad judgement.