Light Railways 266
The LRRSA mailout team had another enjoyable evening (*) last night, with the result that Light Railways 266, the April 2019 issue, has now been delivered to Australia Post. This is a most interesting issue, with six smaller articles rather than the more common one larger article with one or two small ones. The contents are:
- A close run thing – flooding at Aberdare Extended Colliery (NSW)
- Ash disposal light railways in NSW
- Knox Brothers’ Quarry, Leongatha (Vic)
- Tom’s job (Warburton, Vic)
- DH Lawrence and the Bulli Coal Company jetty (NSW)
- Jetty shunter ventured far inland (Port Lincoln, SA)
Plus the usual Industrial Railway News, Letters, Field Reports, Heritage & Tourist News and Looking Back.
Expect it in your letter box next week, or in your Newsagent shortly. Of course, it can always be bought, in either printed or PDF form, from the LRRSA online shop: http://lrrsa.org.au/ and follow the links.
(*) As enjoyable as stuffing more than 3000 items into 600+ envelopes can ever be. But the conversations and supper make it all worth while. We can always use more hands at the mailout.