From: Ian Pither <ian.pither35@...>
Date: 02/01/2019 07:23 (GMT+00:00)
To: LRRSA@groups.io
Subject: Re: [LRRSA] OFF-TOPIC. Photographs from Christmas in Germany

Many Thanks and a fruitful year in your travels.
Ian (Germany)

On Wed, 2 Jan 2019 at 01:24, Michael C. via Groups.Io <chapmanmchapman=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Dear all,

Happy New Year from the United Kingdom.

Apologies for being off-topic, but just before Christmas I travelled via train from Leeds in Yorkshire to Hannover in Germany via LNER, Eurostar, Thalys and DB ICE trains, then onto Goslar in the Harz via coach.

Then I spent three days riding and photographing the metre gauge Harzer Schmalspurbahnen (https://www.hsb-wr.de/startseite/).

I was surprised that all the trains were running and shops were open on Christmas day. Therefore I caught a diesel train from Goslar to Wernigerode and travelled by HSB up the Brocken where Christmas lunch was currywurst and beer!

On Christmas night there was a line-up of locomotives in the floodlit yard at Wernigerode so I had a go a night photography - the best ones are now on Flickr.

Take a look if you are interested.

Cheers,

Michael Chapman.