Re: New uses for Sydney's disused rail tunnels

Terry

The postings about St. James made me reach for the ARHSnsw Track & Signal disk. As near as I can work out it was about 1500 feet from the end of the present platforms to the dead ends of the terminal storage roads mentioned by Eddie. In addition, there is still the wide vacant area between the two existing platforms that untilĀ a few years ago was two platforms without tracks, and then was filled in. To the south there is quite a length of unfinished tunnel that was an air raid shelter during WWII
Access into what is a "ticketed" area could be a problem for the bars.
Terry Boardman