Re: Moving to Groups.io

Hunslet

But then everyone individually has to rejoin?

Hunslet

From: LRRSA@... [mailto:LRRSA@...]
Sent: Wednesday, 2 May 2018 10:19 PM
To: LRRSA@...
Subject: Re: [LRRSA] Moving to Groups.io

On 2 May 2018, at 8:23 pm, John Dennis jdennis412@... [LRRSA] <LRRSA@...> wrote:

Having heard all the good stories about the migration, we shall investigate what is needed. First we will need to find the moderator...

John Dennis

LRRSA Sales Officer.

Hello John,

I am a moderator but I am not sure if I have the authority in Yahoo Groups to initiate the transfer process. It might need to be the person who started the Yahoo group. We can discuss this at the meeting tomorrow night.

I did some research on the transfer process about six months ago. It is fairly straightforward - providing the instructions are followed stage by stage.

On 2 May 2018 at 19:49, rodsmith@... [LRRSA] <LRRSA@...> wrote:

Three of my major groups have moved to io, with great success.  It allows the transfer of all existing yahoo material, so archives are preserved.  Two were done by experienced people.  The third was done by a novice, with success in just 24 h.

One has gone to google groups: more cumbersome, but still works.

Yahoo has been in self-destruct mode since Nov.17.

Photos are erratic, mainly missing.
Text is being delayed.

Groups relying on photos just have to defect.

Roderick