Re: Moving to Groups.io

John Dennis

Having heard all the good stories about the migration, we shall investigate what is needed. First we will need to find the moderator...

John Dennis
LRRSA Sales Officer.

On 2 May 2018 at 19:49, rodsmith@... [LRRSA] <LRRSA@...> wrote:

Three of my major groups have moved to io, with great success.  It allows the transfer of all existing yahoo material, so archives are preserved.  Two were done by experienced people.  The third was done by a novice, with success in just 24 h.

One has gone to google groups: more cumbersome, but still works.

Yahoo has been in self-destruct mode since Nov.17.

Photos are erratic, mainly missing.
Text is being delayed.

Groups relying on photos just have to defect.

Roderick