Bremer River bridge

Petan

Recent trip to QLD State Archives produced the usual load of goodies including an almost full load on my USB memory stick from the large touch screen “Map Vending Machine” in the main research room.

Included is an 1865 railway bridge over the Bremer River. At that date, it was the original road and rail bridge between the Ipswich Station and the workshops. While some have seen this before, my interest was taken by its title of “Light Railways”. The plan reveals the train mass was mostly taken by the piers on one side. Naturally the item is as I found it with regards its title and QSA codes.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_gSpqrnKRKV1_eUuG-CCIYDaTy2V8L0u/view

Cheers

Peter Cokley