Tintenbar NSW

Petan

Tintenbar is the head of navigation up Emigrant Creek from the Richmond River near Ballina. One of my Tweed Tramway articles discusses the sugar cane transported on the Tweed railway from beyond Bangalow in the 1890s and I came across this Trove; The Bundaberg Mail and Burnett Advertiser 5 November 1894 P.3 http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article216439388

The Tintenbar town plan of 1888 (southern not northern section) from NSW SIX http://www.nswlrs.com.au/land_titles/historical_research/parish_maps reveals two CSR wharves plus two other wharves within the Tintenbar town area. Best to download that town plan if interested as the relevant streets no longer exist although they show on the cadastral on NSW Globe. Two CSR wharves, maybe an old or newer, suggest CSR interest and maybe a tramway?

Tintenbar is not a main part of my Tweed project so I had better finish and submit all my Tweed articles to LR before I get side tracked on the Ballina region, so maybe this may help some else’s project.

Cheers

Peter Cokley