Re: QR derailments etc 1950s - 1990s

Petan

For an interesting time, use search term ‘Innisfail’ and watch all the QR Innisfail tramway entries pop up!  Tramway sold by QR in 1977. Arthur Robinson has mentioned the code eg B53.5984, would most likely refer to the year (1953) and the rest the QR file number. Obvious these are historical files and not mine originally so I would have no interest what you decide to do with them after you download eg share with your researcher mates etc  

Cheers

Peter Cokley

Sent: Monday, 30 October 2017 10:12 AM
To: LRRSA@...
Subject: [LRRSA] QR derailments etc 1950s - 1990s

I offer a very extensive list of 1950s to 1990s list of QR train derailments etc etc in MS Word format. It includes both QR long closed lines thus on topic for LRRSA as well as many events resulting from interactions with QR and sugar mill tramway traffic.  

An example follows and I am not sure what the ‘3’ and B53.5984 indicate although obviously some QR code system; 24/7/53  7m Woongarra branch 3 B53.5984 Collision and derailment of PB15 537 and a Qunaba Mill cane train.

As far as I am concerned, these railway historical research documents are now available for other researchers.

1950s QR derailments etc, 1960s QR derailments etc, 1970s QR derailments etc, 1980s QR derailments etc, 1990s QR derailments etc

All from the one URL https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0ByB-ppGeDyvwVnJrSDIxdnRESWM

Cheers

Peter Cokley                                        

Join LRRSA@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.