Re: Light Railways 257

Frank Stamford

Hello Chris,

Thank you for that offer. I will pass it on to the LR Editor.

On 30/09/2017 7:43 AM, 'Chris Stratton' gm4201@... [LRRSA] wrote:

Frank,

I’m happy to do proofreading, I did a few books for ARHS when Chris Walters was RD editor.

Regards,

Chris

From: LRRSA@... [mailto:LRRSA@...]
Sent: Thursday, 28 September 2017 10:51 AM
To: LRRSA@...
Subject: Re: [LRRSA] Light Railways 257

Hello Chris,

On 27/09/2017 5:52 PM, 'Chris Stratton' gm4201@... [LRRSA] wrote:

Mine arrived today and I was very disappointed to find my hometown of Wollongong spelt incorrectly three times in the Industrial Railway News section.

Our apologies for causing you this diappointment. It was an unfortunate error, and since everything that appears in Light Railways is read by at least two people we would have hoped that errors like this did not slip through. May be we need more proof readers.

The error arose because the person who prepared the item was more familiar with hearing "Wollongong" spoken, rather than seeing it in writing.

As regards the progress of this issue through the mail system, Australia Post seems to have processed this issue extremely quickly.

Chris