Re: : Re: Metro Tunnels might utilise tunnel locos?

Stuart Thyer

Hi Phil

In the last day or so, hoarding has gone up along the fence revealing that the site in question is in fact part of the metro train project. The site is the 'Marrickville Dive site' and according to the project web site, will be the launch site for 2 TBMs.
A closer look at some of the material stacked on site revealed that there are track panels constructed on steel I beams, the track running longitudinally along the I beams, which are spaced appropriately for the gauge (whatever that actually is). Presumably these are for the TBM to run along, but I have no experience in how these sort of tunnels are constructed. Hopefully this info might be of use to you, happy to keep an eye on the site as works progress.
Stuart