Light Railways 257

John Dennis

The mail-out team did a sterling job last night, packing the magazine and no less than five inserts. The mag is now in the hands of Australia Post and (with luck) in members' letter boxes from early next week. I'm not certain when Gordon and Gotch will deliver the magazine to newsagents - that may not happen until closer to the end of the month.

The contents of this issue:

The later years of the Marrawah Tramway (Tas)

The East Greta Coal Mining Company and the European War (NSW)

Singleton Target Range light railways (NSW)

Looking back - Garratt action in the Otways (Vic)

Industrial Railway News - 23 items from around Australia and Fiji

Treasures from Trove: A Dreadful Alternative and a hairbreadth escape (Vic)

Treasures from Trove: The Timber Getters (Vic)

Letters - An interesting rail wagon

Life Memberships: Phil Rickard; Bill Hanks

JLN Southern Award report

Field Reports - Harper’s Mill, Mount Disappointment (Vic) Gauge 1067mm

Heritage & Tourist News - 12 items from Australia and United Kingdom

If you are not a member and can't wait for G&G you can always buy from our online shop:

http://lightrailwayresearchsocietyofaustralia.cart.net.au/Light-Railways-No257-October-2017

or for the PDF version:

http://lightrailwayresearchsocietyofaustralia.cart.net.au/Light-Railways-No257-October-2017-pdf-download

Or better still, subscribe online at:

http://lrrsa.org.au/LRRSA_Join_Renew.html

and the current issue (and those remaining in the year) will be mailed directly to your letter box.

John Dennis
LRRSA