Re: : New Facebook Group: Light Railways of Australia

Stuart Livesey

Sorry to revisit a subject that's a few days old but I think that some of you guys need to understand the reality of the world today.

I've been working in online marketing for the last 20 years and I can tell all of you who are afraid of joining Facebook because they will invade your privacy that that bus has already gone and the idea that you have anything left to protect is delusional.

You've joined this list on Yahoo and guess what ... there will be a Yahoo cookie on your computer that is constantly sending back a stream of data to Yahoo.

You've searched on Google and that means that there's a Google cookie on your computer that is constantly sending back a stream of information about you to Google and they are using every little bit of that data to compile a very comprehensive view of you.

You use Woolworths or Coles loyalty cards when you make a purchase? Those guys now know more about you than you know about yourself.

Sure, Facebook is going to gather information about you but what is it going to collect that you haven't already given away?

The only thing that you are doing by refusing to join Facebook is cutting yourself off from the information that you're interested in and no one in marketing cares whether you join or not because they already know everything there is to know about you.

It's a fact of life right now. You're really not protecting anything.

Of course you don't have to believe me ... you can keep living in your dream world ... but you can't escape the facts. If you want to be online ... even just for email ... then you have already given up everything that's worth knowing about you.

Stuart

--
Total Website Management & CopyTextOnline
Making words and websites work for you