Construction railway - Sewerage tunnel under Dromana

John Cleverdon <johnc@...>

Hello all,
I've just got email email from the Dromana & District Historical Society (http://home.vicnet.net.au/~dromana/) about a talk they are having this coming Tuesday (11am, Old Shire Offices, Point Nepean Road, Dromana - Melway 159 F7 for those interested) on the sewerage outfall tunnel under Dromana/Arthurs Seat.
It is part of Melbourne's South Eastern sewerage outfall (built in the 1970's), running from Carrum to Gunnamatta.
What makes it interesting is that the 2 photos in the flier show a light railway, gauge maybe a little under a metre?? (photos not too clear to work out exactly). If my father goes along I'll try and get him to take a few notes.

I won't be able to make it due to being too busy at work.

John Cleverdon
Mornington Peninsula, Victoria, Australia
John's web page: http://users.cdi.com.au/~johnc/
LinkedIn: http://au.linkedin.com/pub/john-cleverdon/a/a81/2b