Shale & Shays

John Dennis

We are pleased to announce that we are stocking the newest publication of Eveleigh Press: Shale and Shays. This is a fresh look at the exhilarating shale-oil mining days of 1906 – 1932 in the Wolgan Valley in New South Wales - the well known Wolgan Valley Railway. This is a beautifully presented hard-cover book of 300+ pages, with many photos, mostly black and white, but a number of available colour images have been used. Some of these images had been hand-coloured by the original photographer. The work is rounded out with superb maps and a Phil Belbin painting. The price is $78.00 ($70.20 for LRRSA Members). As an indication of the quality of the book, we took a box to the Narrow Gauge Convention and sold out! Rest assured, we have new stock now. For more details, and to order through the LRRSA online shop, go here:

John Dennis
LRRSA Sales Officer