Re: : Re: Re:: SMR new locomotive

David Halfpenny

On 1 Nov 2016, at 11:49, John Dennis jdennis412@... [LRRSA] <LRRSA@...> wrote:

The search facility in Facebook Groups works pretty well, finding the search test in posts and comments.

Fair comment, John, but  - as on a great many websites - any common Keyword gets too many hits to handle.
All I mean is that a whole lot more sophisticated search is most certainly possible, and young Zuckers is rich beyond the dreams of Croesus.

You still need to join Facebook in order to contribute to groups, and indeed in many cases (most in my experience), to even read a group's posts.

Yes, but you don’t have to reveal yourself to a wicked world.
- Don’t fill in a Profile,
- Don’t solicit or accept any Friends,
- Lie about your age ,
- Don’t post anything to your Page,
- Lock down your security (every time they change the settings).

There’s also a great app / browser extension called FB Purity which blocks advertisements and customises up the screen display a treat - all under your own control.

Facebook is like BREXIT - it sucks now, but we’re going to make the best of it, come what May.

It's not perfect, but right now here in Australia there seems to be much more information and communication on railway enthusiast matters via Facebook than any other method.

Anything on Bush Trams, please?

David 1/2d