From: LRRSA@... [mailto:LRRSA@...]
Sent: Wednesday, 18 May 2016 9:50 PM
To: LRRSA@...
Subject: Re: [LRRSA] Lazy points [1 Attachment]

[Attachment(s) from Rod Hutchinson included below]

This may be an example at Cape Point (east of Cape of Good Hope), South Africa.

Rod Hutchinson
Mooroolbark
Australia

Registrar: Australian Narrow Gauge Railway Convention, Easter 2017
http://www.austnarrowgaugeconvention.com
https://m.facebook.com/13th-Australian-Narrow-Gauge-Convention-2017-1050060581724879/

On 18 May 2016 9:41 pm, "Tony Smith smith_a_b@... [LRRSA]" <LRRSA@...> wrote:

[Attachment(s) from Tony Smith included below]

The Wellington Cable Car in NZ ( Things To Do in Wellington | Wellington Cable Car ) is a cable operated single track incline with a passing loop in the centre. There are two cars, one on each end of the cable, and 5 stations, equally spaced apart so that when one is at the top (Kelburn), the other is at the bottom (Lambton Quay). When one is at Clifton station, the other is at Salamanca. Both meet in the passing loop station at Talavera. The passing loop is operated with lazy points, with the points lying in the position that they were last trailed through.

I have a recollection that the Peak Tram, in Hong Kong also operates in the same way.